JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in Oregon, purchased my handgun in Oregon, summitted my form for background check through FFL dealer. That was on Sept 28. I was put on the delayed list till Nov18th and now its been delayed again till Dec26. After many phone calls to find out the reason for the delay, I finally got a call (Nov 19th) from the State Police. The reason given to me for the delay is they are waiting for California to do their thing. I lived in that state 45 years ago. I was then told California's background check system was not automated and I would have to wait until it was automated. I asked, "when will that be done" answer - have no idea! This seems very strange to me. My question is - has anyone else faced a similar situation, Does this apply to everyone who has ever lived in CA. Who to contact next and Help!

I live in Oregon, purchased my handgun in Oregon, summitted my form for background check through FFL dealer. That was on Sept 28. I was put on the delayed list till Nov18th and now its been delayed again till Dec26. After many phone calls to find out the reason for the delay, I finally got a call (Nov 19th) from the State Police. The reason given to me for the delay is they are waiting for California to do their thing. I lived in that state 45 years ago. I was then told California's background check system was not automated and I would have to wait until it was automated. I asked, "when will that be done" answer - have no idea! This seems very strange to me. My question is - has anyone else faced a similar situation, Does this apply to everyone who has ever lived in CA. Who to contact next and Help!

No personal experience with cali, other than another member or three have had a situation like a delay. I get the idea that cali puts such things as very low priority. I believe it was suggested to others in your situation got to contacting the courts where they used to live. In other words, you might want to get doing the foot work your self. I cant imagine cali cares one bit about you excersizing your 2nd Amendment right.

I'm experiencing a delay. I purchased a pistol on Nov 11 and was notified of being on the delay list sometime during the first week. I called and left a message on the state message line about the delay and haven't heard from them. I left California in 2000, but don't know if that is the reason. During the last 20 years I've had background checks to work at nuclear power plants and had no problem getting access to the sites and working on their security systems. I'd be interested in any progress you've made with California.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top