JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go tell Antfa thanks for the delay.
My LGS I was there Saturday doing a transfer of a AR lower .
It was packed line outside because of covid 19.
They only let so many people in at a time.
But when we were inside just one after another people buying guns.
Saw a guy come in ask about used AR15 they like six on the rack .
He hands him a basic AR with a red dot already on it tells him it comes with two 30 round mags.
The guy says I'll take it.
Then turns around and says I want a 9mm pistol the guy says all these are 9mm points to the shelf .
The guy says what's that one .
The sales man says sig something I can't remember what it was but the guy holds it for 10 second .
Ok I'll take that too.
One after another same thing do you have this yes we have it.
Ok I'll buy it.
Awesome so when he goes to shoot it and figures out he doesn't like it all that much it'll be up for sale/trade here in the classifieds ;)

Sunday I was 3127 on the list. I was told "possibly Wednesday." Well, it is almost Thursday, I was told "gun sales up because of the rioting". I am thinking folks are becoming aware of the Fall/Winter plans regarding the False, PLANdemic, testing, "Containment-Camps", and worse...
UPDATE: It is Thursday evening in Oregon. I am now only 301 on the list. Once my name comes up it will instantly clear. Hopefully Friday is the day I pick up my newest Rifle...

It varies. Bought six Enfield receivers - one day delay. Bought a single Enfield a week later - one week delay. I wasn't in any hurry so I decided to see how long it took for the proceed.

UPDATE: It is Thursday evening in Oregon. I am now only 301 on the list. Once my name comes up it will instantly clear. Hopefully Friday is the day I pick up my newest Rifle...
GOT IT!!! Friday 11:00! To buy at 11, you would be 3546 on the current list...

Had the paperwork started last Sunday the 14th, was number 2600 and some change, still waiting for the call to come pick up my rifle. First time ever I was delayed for ANY reason. I thought CHL holders went to the front of the line? Crazy times...

OSP has changed how they do BGC and a CHL does not put you to the head of the line anymore.

Everybody take a chill pill.....

i-m-from-the-government-i-m-here-to-help.png

The voters have spoken. See that hoop...now jump through it.

Aloha, Mark

I personally have never had an issue with the wait time just because I already have plenty of guns to keep me occupied in the mean time. If anything, I've always felt that first time gun owners should get processed first. Get them in the queue first, I'd rather have more people coming around to their pro 2A sensibilities sooner and getting more gun owners is how that is accomplished.

I personally have never had an issue with the wait time just because I already have plenty of guns to keep me occupied in the mean time. If anything, I've always felt that first time gun owners should get processed first. Get them in the queue first, I'd rather have more people coming around to their pro 2A sensibilities sooner and getting more gun owners is how that is accomplished.

The BGCs should be more or less automated. I don't know how it works (in detail) now, but I can't think of any real reason that it should take more than 60 seconds for a BGC to go thru. Even if the app had to screen scrape disparate other systems, it should not take long and could be automated.

I don't know what the persons who are staffed do to run the BGC, but surely they are not going thru paperwork and they have computer systems they use for most or all of the BGC. Why could not that be automated for everything except the exceptional cases (some flag is raised where it requires a human to slog thru some records)?

In short, a properly implemented system should be able to handle tens of thousands of BGCs per day, with 99.9% of them approved in less than a minute - if not faster.

I have stopped buying guns for now as I have plenty. Unless I come across something unusual that I really want and can afford, then I won't be buying for the foreseeable future.

That said, I am selling a rifle and the BGC was started Wed. and we are still waiting for approval.

The BGCs should be more or less automated. I don't know how it works (in detail) now, but I can't think of any real reason that it should take more than 60 seconds for a BGC to go thru. Even if the app had to screen scrape disparate other systems, it should not take long and could be automated.

I don't know what the persons who are staffed do to run the BGC, but surely they are not going thru paperwork and they have computer systems they use for most or all of the BGC. Why could not that be automated for everything except the exceptional cases (some flag is raised where it requires a human to slog thru some records)?

In short, a properly implemented system should be able to handle tens of thousands of BGCs per day, with 99.9% of them approved in less than a minute - if not faster.
I have never waited more than a few minutes for mine to go through, I figured maybe that was due to me being a CHL holder but not sure. There have been a couple of times where I sold to someone and it took longer for theirs to clear. Maybe I was lucky. I feel the same as you that unless it's something I just HAVE to have, then I'll wait for now.

Purchased two AR's and a G43 over the last six weeks. Took them longer to enter my info into the system than it did for the approval. Hit send, get approval notice.

That is the way it is for me too. A couple of times it takes a few minutes, other times it goes thru as soon as they enter it. I don't have a CHL (had one in WA state), I am a veteran NCO and I had a DOD clearance decades ago, and for a while there I was buying a firearm several times a year - I have no idea if any of that makes any difference or why or why not, but I have not had any problems in OR or WA (once I bought a new handgun in WA state and it didn't go thru immediately, but they called me when I got home - a few hours away and said it was approved).

The back up was over 4000.
A couple days ago . The ffl said it never hit 1000 in the 2012 panic . But that was before manditory background check for person to person sales.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top