JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
An old 1911 from a member two weeks ago and I was 900'something in line...took one day via Tigard Pawn.

Rifle from a member this week and I was 1,423 in the line as of Sunday morning...took FOUR days via Threat Dynamics. For a RIFLE :-(

Wonder if OR state gov is purposely impairing our freedoms, or is it just incompetence in the IT departments? Yea, both...

:mad:o_O:(
Glad you got your hands on it the same day at least - I felt a tiny bit bad strolling out with with my half of the trade almost straight away....

I think an odd middle name works in my favor....

It has been stated several times in this thread that WA requires a ten day wait for pistol transfers. That is not correct . The wait time for a pistol purchase is the time it takes local law enforcement to approve the purchase and can be a matter of hours up to a month or more. The dealer can transfer the pistol to you after ten business days if he has had no response from law enforcement but that is his choice. Ask for the transfer policy before you pay. My local ffl will transfer after ten business days and no response. If a response later comes back denied that is law enforcements problem to deal with and he has had a couple of those. There are a couple exceptions but this refers to WA citizens with current ID.

My brother lives in Minnesota. Earliest appointment to get into the sheriff office is September. He's confused at the moment. He supports defunding the police but now needs a gun. Wait.....what?

It has been stated several times in this thread that WA requires a ten day wait for pistol transfers. That is not correct . The wait time for a pistol purchase is the time it takes local law enforcement to approve the purchase and can be a matter of hours up to a month or more. The dealer can transfer the pistol to you after ten business days if he has had no response from law enforcement but that is his choice. Ask for the transfer policy before you pay. My local ffl will transfer after ten business days and no response. If a response later comes back denied that is law enforcements problem to deal with and he has had a couple of those. There are a couple exceptions but this refers to WA citizens with current ID.
Right
The mandatory 10 day wait is for " assault rifles"
Lol

Had the paperwork started last Sunday the 14th, was number 2600 and some change, still waiting for the call to come pick up my rifle. First time ever I was delayed for ANY reason. I thought CHL holders went to the front of the line? Crazy times...

Had the paperwork started last Sunday the 14th, was number 2600 and some change, still waiting for the call to come pick up my rifle. First time ever I was delayed for ANY reason. I thought CHL holders went to the front of the line? Crazy times...

Just heard that I moved into the 1600's now. So ~1000 checks in 72 hours...seems weak....

As of 520pm today there were a hair over 3400 pending background checks and chl doesn't matter, some people get an immediate approval and others don't.
Not sure the rhyme or reason on that one

As of 520pm today there were a hair over 3400 pending background checks and chl doesn't matter, some people get an immediate approval and others don't.
Not sure the rhyme or reason on that one
Hmmm, I always thought CHL helped. Anyway, 3400, wow! Would be interesting to know why some get approved immediately and some dont. I've never been delayed etc. Alway goes through within minutes, even before the computer system when you had to call and speak with OSP.

Before the mass background checks it did help, you jumped right to review only behind those who also held a chl but I was told that due to staffing they are for the most part going first come first serve and I've never had a back ground check take longer than 20min yet I've recently seen first time buyers have an instant approval

My brother lives in Minnesota. Earliest appointment to get into the sheriff office is September. He's confused at the moment. He supports defunding the police but now needs a gun. Wait.....what?
Remind him that mom didn't drink during her pregnancy with you. Let that soak in his brain a while.

Sunday I was 3127 on the list. I was told "possibly Wednesday." Well, it is almost Thursday, I was told "gun sales up because of the rioting". I am thinking folks are becoming aware of the Fall/Winter plans regarding the False, PLANdemic, testing, "Containment-Camps", and worse...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top