JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went into Tigard Pawn this past Friday to trade a guy an AR pistol for a handgun. They entered our background checks back to back. I was first. They told me I was 1977 in the que. The guy I traded got an instant approval and walked out with the AR pistol. To make it worse, it was on a Friday so Tigard Pawn tells me "it'll be 2-3 days but we are closed this Sunday, so come in Monday and you'll be good to go". So a total 3 day wait.

Last month I bought an anderson lower at Sportsmans. They said I was number 180 in the que but I was only there 30 min for the background to come back. I do have a valid CHL/ CCW.... can verify that does not help.

I did get an instant approval at a Bi-mart back in Feb. Must have been luck.

I recently purchased a handgun in Oregon from a member here and because of the FFL backlog will likely have to wait 3-4 days to have the FFL transfer completed and am able to take the handgun home. I sold a shotgun back in January and the transfer took less than 20 minutes. Are others experiencing long waits here in Oregon and if so how long did you have to wait?

An old 1911 from a member two weeks ago and I was 900'something in line...took one day via Tigard Pawn.

Rifle from a member this week and I was 1,423 in the line as of Sunday morning...took FOUR days via Threat Dynamics. For a RIFLE :-(

Wonder if OR state gov is purposely impairing our freedoms, or is it just incompetence in the IT departments? Yea, both...

:mad:o_O:(

Go tell Antfa thanks for the delay.
My LGS I was there Saturday doing a transfer of a AR lower .
It was packed line outside because of covid 19.
They only let so many people in at a time.
But when we were inside just one after another people buying guns.
Saw a guy come in ask about used AR15 they like six on the rack .
He hands him a basic AR with a red dot already on it tells him it comes with two 30 round mags.
The guy says I'll take it.
Then turns around and says I want a 9mm pistol the guy says all these are 9mm points to the shelf .
The guy says what's that one .
The sales man says sig something I can't remember what it was but the guy holds it for 10 second .
Ok I'll take that too.
One after another same thing do you have this yes we have it.
Ok I'll buy it.
So what's your point? They still have to wait in line to do the background check etc.
The gun shop can say it's yours....after the paperwork is done.

one thing that may cause a wait is a multitude of folks buying guns with their stimulus/unemployment $.
Every year right right after the first of the year, the wait time is xtra long because of tax returns.

More often than not, my UBC is approved before I even had the ink (for prints) wiped off my thumbs, or in less than 10 minutes. Only one time did it take several hours due to the OSP computer system going down and they had to process them manually over the phone with the NICS in VA. Another thing is, I don't have a common last name, or first and middle name combination.

There's advantages to being named, Bad A$$ Motherbubblegummer on your birth certificate.... thanks mom! ;):s0140:

There's advantages to being named, Bad A$$ Motherbubblegummer on your birth certificate! ;):s0140:
Imagine how this guy must feel...
PhucDatBich.jpg

They (Oregon state police) appear to be running with just one person behind the wheel today. Been watching one person waiting since 4:35 on the 11th and still 248 of 2946. Has only moved from 502 since 8am today. I really need to find a location that could support a deli, indoor and outdoor range and a bed/breakfast so you can take it home in one trip.

They (Oregon state police) appear to be running with just one person behind the wheel today. Been watching one person waiting since 4:35 on the 11th and still 248 of 2946. Has only moved from 502 since 8am today. I really need to find a location that could support a deli, indoor and outdoor range and a bed/breakfast so you can take it home in one trip.

Not a bad idea......I'll call it "The Guntry Inn: Bed, Breakfast, and Range"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads