JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey at least you know you will get it eventually. I technically have a "firearm" with no upper or barrel because those two parts have been delayed by UPS in the same spot for 4 days now. Who knows when it will start moving again.

I believe that if you have a CCW, that trumps the 10-day waiting period, but you still need to get cleared via the new state-mandated paperwork.

Does not matter if you are licensed in WA, I've been licensed for 10+ years, still 10 days for handguns. I waited less time to receive my most recent CC permit renewal; about 5 business days.

They are buying anything they can afford.
I was at the used gun counter .
And the pistol case was kinda empty.
Like I said they had about 6 ARs on the rack.
But I saw 2 sold when I was there.
Does not matter if you are licensed in WA, I've been licensed for 10+ years, still 10 days for handguns. I waited less time to receive my most recent CC permit renewal; about 5 business days.
So maybe the reason I got my approval in < week was because it "timed out" the first time the application was filed?
I didn't question it, and I know the FFL would never skirt the law

Walked through Sportsmans Warehouse today, bored, raining, needed to get out. It looked like the rioters looted the place.

Unless you shoot some random caliber, virtually zero ammo. Bunch of 308 oddly, but that was about it.

I can still find 444 Marlin at Sportsmans.
Just ordered some 9mm Sig Sauer Elite Performance V-Crown from Bass Pro. $15 a box (20 rnds) free shipping.
Just bought a Shield so I wanted some fresh ammo for it.
Waiting for the %@^#% background check to go through.

I used to buy about one gun per month and get instant approved. But since the covid hit I've bought 4 and all 4 I had to wait on. Sometimes it was an hour or so. The last one was a couple days.

Here in WA it is 10 days (sadly) by law for a pistol: "Washington gun control laws require a ten-day waiting period before purchasing handguns". The last time I bought at the end of January 2020, the FFL told me some people have been waiting well over 10 days, even to the point of the application basically being invalid (too many days). Mine was right on day 10. It's a pain in the keister, having to go back, especially if the FFL is not nearby! Had to drive an extra 130 miles to make the pickup. Oddly I reside in King County, and the FFL told me the people having longer wait times, were in the further out counties and towns; like Snohomish, Arlington, Bellingham . . . times are changing, and sadly in the wrong direction.

Mine was 8 days... now of course that was after getting denied back on March 17th and appealing with the WSP and FBI. So I finally got my scorpion after 3 months

Also until Wa state comes up with more literature it's instant for a lower or shotgun/ bolt rifle. Once they have all the details the FFL with have a 30 day period before that goes away and every item in the way of "firearms" will get the 10 day wait unless it's approved sooner which isn't likely

I recently purchased a handgun in Oregon from a member here and because of the FFL backlog will likely have to wait 3-4 days to have the FFL transfer completed and am able to take the handgun home. I sold a shotgun back in January and the transfer took less than 20 minutes. Are others experiencing long waits here in Oregon and if so how long did you have to wait?

Mass panic buying going on. About 3-4 threads on it around here already.

I recently purchased a handgun in Oregon from a member here and because of the FFL backlog will likely have to wait 3-4 days to have the FFL transfer completed and am able to take the handgun home. I sold a shotgun back in January and the transfer took less than 20 minutes. Are others 4 daysexperiencing long waits here in Oregon and if so how long did you have to wait?
4 dsys

I believe that if you have a CCW, that trumps the 10-day waiting period, but you still need to get cleared via the new state-mandated paperwork.

You are correct about the expiration date - in my case, I was approved, but I failed to take delivery within 30 days, so I had to start the process anew.
The egregious idiocy that was I-1639 did away with that little perq of having a CPL. The days of "cash-n-carry" handgun purchases w/CPL in WA ended on June 30, 2019.

Well the person I was selling the lower to got delay also.
But she got a call yesterday to come complete the transfer.
I get delay every time.
Even before the 1639 I was delay every time. And I buy a few guns every year.
I have literally considered changing my middle name to "delay for further review".
Told this to my LGS owner and he is curious about what would result.

Had to have my rights restored after a Supreme Court ruling last year that clarified my deferred disposition as minor is now interpreted as a conviction. I have a thread here NWF on it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top