JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This evening, only 2113 :)
395EC812-498B-413A-B5D3-A8F2BBBD5B02.png

Bought on Thursday and was 1100 in the system. Could have picked the gun up on Friday afternoon. Dealer did say common names take longer than unusual ones but I thought he was just joking.

Bought on Thursday and was 1100 in the system. Could have picked the gun up on Friday afternoon. Dealer did say common names take longer than unusual ones but I thought he was just joking.
Yeah my last name is very unusual and even my mother who was buying her very first gun got instant approval when the bcgs where 2,800

FFL holders are required to hold your property 10 days by law. After that they can give you your property, even if your background check is not back. Some will, especially private citizens who oppose government abuse of the federal mandate.

Go tell Antfa thanks for the delay.
My LGS I was there Saturday doing a transfer of a AR lower .
It was packed line outside because of covid 19.
They only let so many people in at a time.
But when we were inside just one after another people buying guns.
Saw a guy come in ask about used AR15 they like six on the rack .
He hands him a basic AR with a red dot already on it tells him it comes with two 30 round mags.
The guy says I'll take it.
Then turns around and says I want a 9mm pistol the guy says all these are 9mm points to the shelf .
The guy says what's that one .
The sales man says sig something I can't remember what it was but the guy holds it for 10 second .
Ok I'll take that too.
One after another same thing do you have this yes we have it.
Ok I'll buy it.

Adding you optional ssn might spead it up , sorting similar names can take time

lol, you been watching the news? shouldnt have waited till now

NO! I listen to the radio and the news that comes with that. I can only guess.....Seeing as were going to defund police departments which will make a call to 911 useless, and quit arresting people, and quit trying to break up riots that people are feeling the need for protection? Yeah, no doubt.

FFL holders are required to hold your property 10 days by law. After that they can give you your property, even if your background check is not back. Some will, especially private citizens who oppose government abuse of the federal mandate.

Depends on who you buy from.
Box store or LGS are less likely to "give" it to you because of company policy & being afraid of liability.

Just another reason why I seldom buy from Cabela's, Sportsmans et al. I buy online and go through a local, home based FFL.

Here in WA it is 10 days (sadly) by law for a pistol: "Washington gun control laws require a ten-day waiting period before purchasing handguns". The last time I bought at the end of January 2020, the FFL told me some people have been waiting well over 10 days, even to the point of the application basically being invalid (too many days). Mine was right on day 10. It's a pain in the keister, having to go back, especially if the FFL is not nearby! Had to drive an extra 130 miles to make the pickup. Oddly I reside in King County, and the FFL told me the people having longer wait times, were in the further out counties and towns; like Snohomish, Arlington, Bellingham . . . times are changing, and sadly in the wrong direction.

I was out running errands, and was close to Curt's so I stopped in. Curt said things were crazy lately. Saw a nice used MKIII, so I bought it. I was told it would be Friday, maybe Saturday. No problem, got two blocks away, and got the phone call. I was insta approved. Having unusual last name works in my favor.

Be glad you're not in WA, delays taking in excess of 30 days in some circumstances, but even the fastest ones are in a week.
I would like to give a shout-out to the FFL that helps me in Mason County - he personally hand delivers the new (state mandated) paperwork for pistols and semi-auto firearms to the County seat and the turn around time is < 1 week

Send me a DM if you want more info

Here in WA it is 10 days (sadly) by law for a pistol: "Washington gun control laws require a ten-day waiting period before purchasing handguns". The last time I bought at the end of January 2020, the FFL told me some people have been waiting well over 10 days, even to the point of the application basically being invalid (too many days). Mine was right on day 10. It's a pain in the keister, having to go back, especially if the FFL is not nearby! Had to drive an extra 130 miles to make the pickup. Oddly I reside in King County, and the FFL told me the people having longer wait times, were in the further out counties and towns; like Snohomish, Arlington, Bellingham . . . times are changing, and sadly in the wrong direction.
I believe that if you have a CCW, that trumps the 10-day waiting period, but you still need to get cleared via the new state-mandated paperwork.

You are correct about the expiration date - in my case, I was approved, but I failed to take delivery within 30 days, so I had to start the process anew.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top