Background check delay

Reactions
Get this... In February I ordered a handgun from Cabelas, got a call today that it was in. I'm an FFL and since I was buying this for my personal use I decided to have them do the BGC, same paperwork and cost if I do it myself, for myself, so I thought I just let them do it and save me the trouble. I waited about 10-15 minutes and the guy at the counter told me it came back delayed... until June 14th no less. WTF? How does someone who has an FFL and a CHL get delayed? I didn't have a copy of my FFL with me so I guess I'll go back in the morning and have them transfer it to my FFL instead. Ri-friggin-diculous!

OP
L
Reactions
Dang goes to show you how bad the system is flawed. :eek::eek:

But we all know that :confused:
Exactly! Imagine if I would have just done the FFL to FFL transfer and then tomorrow did my own 4473 and BGC and it came up delayed... I think my head would have exploded right then and there!

Reactions
Exactly! Imagine if I would have just done the FFL to FFL transfer and then tomorrow did my own 4473 and BGC and it came up delayed... I think my head would have exploded right then and there!
So as a FFL buying one of your own guns you sell.
If your delayed? How long do you have to hold it for you until you can legally give it to you? :D

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    TJ Gun Sales
    Needed some sights for a Glock 19. Found them here for a good price and free install. :)
  • Advanced Firearms Training
    2.00 star(s)
    Good in some ways, not in others
    The shop itself has a great selection from milsurp to modern, which we rarely see much of anymore. What rubbed me the wrong way is when doing...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great for Transfers
    Very friendly, likable crew, for example the pocket watch guy is knowledgeable about collectibles and always great to banter with while waiting...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    About 8 years with these people
    I am stuck on them; always good service, nice people, and regardless of staff changes, treat me very nicely. I am pretty sure I have been doing...
Top Bottom