JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm curious what you all have going on with the possible need to farm your own food after a disaster, or evacuation. Do you keep seeds? Fresh soil? Tools for farming/gardens? Etc. where does this need come in on your list of significant things to bring? Would you rather bring a live goat, or a supply of canned milk?

Thanks!

I garden every season and have seeds packages of left over. I keep them stored in a Rubbermaid container out of direct sunlight. I don't store soil but do compost and will amend all the raised beds both during the fall and spring. As for gardening tools, I have a good supply of those.

i have a good stockpile of seeds and have books on how to collect seeds. as for tools, have a few, but if you look back though history you can improvise farming tools if something breaks. the only area lacking is a plan for soil stuff and I am not sure how I am going to approach it.
for live animals, I would worry about theft and their day to day noises drawing unwanted attention in a disaster scenario. also disease, inclement weather and the burden of having to feed them to keep them around.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top