JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking for information on Oregon CHL law on having a second carry gun. I must not be looking in the right place as I'm unable to find anything about it. So, is it legal for me as a CHL holder in Oregon to carry a second gun?

As far as I know, there aren't any restrictions on how many things (knives, guns, pepper spray, stun guns, whatever) a person chooses to carry. But I could be wrong.

Being able to effectively conceal more than one firearm is another whole endeavor. But there are folks here who can help you consider these things.

As far as I know, there aren't any restrictions on how many things (knives, guns, pepper spray, stun guns, whatever) a person chooses to carry. But I could be wrong.

Being able to effectively conceal more than one firearm is another whole endeavor. But there are folks here who can help you consider these things.

The CHL only applies to handguns, not knives, etc.

But yes, as far as I know, the CHL allows a holder to carry as many handguns concealed as they wish - it is not tied to just one handgun like some states do (not sure which - NY?).

The CHL only applies to handguns, not knives, etc.

But yes, as far as I know, the CHL allows a holder to carry as many handguns concealed as they wish - it is not tied to just one handgun like some states do (not sure which - NY?).
I think California is in there too. I've heard, not a lawyer and haven't read the laws, that you have to have a registered concealed carry pistol, and you are limited in the registration.

Thanks for the replies. I don't have a burning need for one, but I've been curious. I couldn't find anything at OFF or at oregonlaws.org. It seems to be unaddressed directly, but I wanted to check.

That's one of those things that's like "legal unless it's not". There's no law that says you can't, so you can. Lol
I recently had a friend who's an NRA trainer for Oregon and Utah licenses teach a class. I have my Oregon CHL but wanted to get the Utah license as it's recognized in Washington. My wife only wanted her Oregon, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law wanted both. The question came up at that time and he said it was no problem. It's not that I didn't believe him, it's that I somehow thought there is a restriction to one. I have no idea where I got that notion and thought it best to look into it. I understand that it's legal if not specifically addressed in the law, but thought it best to ask even though I couldn't find anything.

I've told my brother-in-law to take his time buying a gun right now. One reason is he's 6' 8 1/2" tall with huge hands and long fingers. His wife is much smaller. They will have different handguns. Neither has much experience (if any) with a handgun so classes are a must, as is learning what might be a good fit for each. I'm disabled and have physical challenges I need help addressing as well, so finding a good instructor who's able to work with these different challenges is important. I'm open to suggestions.

You can legally carry THIS many guns... (they all have pistol braces, so it's legit)

E7443329-F3EB-4A8A-8ADC-2967FA9C74F3.gif

I recently had a friend who's an NRA trainer for Oregon and Utah licenses teach a class. I have my Oregon CHL but wanted to get the Utah license as it's recognized in Washington. My wife only wanted her Oregon, and my brother-in-law and sister-in-law wanted both. The question came up at that time and he said it was no problem. It's not that I didn't believe him, it's that I somehow thought there is a restriction to one. I have no idea where I got that notion and thought it best to look into it. I understand that it's legal if not specifically addressed in the law, but thought it best to ask even though I couldn't find anything.

I've told my brother-in-law to take his time buying a gun right now. One reason is he's 6' 8 1/2" tall with huge hands and long fingers. His wife is much smaller. They will have different handguns. Neither has much experience (if any) with a handgun so classes are a must, as is learning what might be a good fit for each. I'm disabled and have physical challenges I need help addressing as well, so finding a good instructor who's able to work with these different challenges is important. I'm open to suggestions.
Check out the handgun fundamentals class at Tri-County Gun Club. It's a great beginners class.

I just did. No such class. Also, classes are only open to members and their guests.

I find the amount of weight I can comfortably carry without aggravating life-long orthopedic issues to be the limiting factor in how many guns I can pack. IMHO, a BUG is a good idea in case of malfunction, or you need to arm your companion. The Beloved is competent and has the right attitude, and I would trust her to watch my 6 under any conditions.
Whether or not you carry a BUG it's a good idea to have a reload or 2, either magazines or speedloaders. When sallying forth into the Great Blue Cesspool I like to take the S9 with 2 extra mags and a .38 snubbie. (No reload for that.) Thank God I have never had to deal with a situation requiring a piece. With a loosely fitting shirt hanging over the holster @ 4 0'clock I can have my hand on Mr. Steyr without it being obvious.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top