Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

back from alaska

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DBL-TAP, Oct 2, 2011.

1. DBL-TAP

DBL-TAP OLYMPIA Member

yea haw

2. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Is that good or bad?

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone who also just got back from Alaska last week, it's very good...

4. SteelyDan

So are you saying Alaska is worse than Oregon? Are you speaking politically, economically or socially?

As much as I love Oregon it sure seems to be in a decline on all levels. There is certainly a mystique of rugged individualism and frontier life in Alaska.

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Never been to Alaska but it seems there is no in-between with those I know who have lived there - you either love it or hate it.

6. SteelyDan

That's what I've heard too. Seems like anbody that lived in Anchorage hates it but those that live out in "sticks" love it.

7. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

I spent the summer of '75 up there. I couldn't do a winter up there though, its not the cold but the dark that would get me. I have to see the sun more than an hour or 2 a day.

8. dolooper

dolooper Coast Range, or thereabouts Well-Known Member

That is it exactly. I lived 18 years in Anchorage. I still like it there a lot and my family's there, but the darkness is a bubblegum. Don't know what I was thinking, though. All I did was trade the darkness in for gray.

9. DBL-TAP

DBL-TAP OLYMPIA Member

iv bean goin up north sence summer of 75 the lasst 30 + in port moller just a pore season no fish ect.

10. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I spend April through the end of September 250 miles north of Anchorage. I've had the benefit of living all over this country. I've lived in the northeast, southwest, midwest, and northwest. As bad as some of the problems we have in Oregon are, its always nice to be home...