JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
I just tried it with Chrome, and it happens.

Interesting thing, I tap the drop down menu on "forums" it starts bouncing around, I don't hit any of the subgroups that are in the forum drop down menu. I tap "resources" it works fine, same thing for "information" and "help" they both work perfect. Only bounce around comes from "forums"

This is my top issue guys, really trying to figure it out :)

It sounds like we have two different issues here which may or may not be related.

Issue 1: The back button doesn't work.
Issue 2: The screen jumps around when the page is loading.

As far as I can tell Issue #1 is mostly isolated to the Microsoft Edge browser, while Issue #2 occurs on all browsers. Because of the known issue with Microsoft Edge I'm going to try to fix the screen jumping issue first.

Questions:
  1. Can someone who is experiencing the screen jumping around tell me if their back button works? Please let me know which device, browser, and screen resolution you're using.
  2. Does anyone have some time now (or early this afternoon) to do some testing with me?

Not to be a pain but five months later and my back button will still only work a few times then I have to machine gun click it to get it to move. Not always successful, and will have to click back on the forum tab and start over. It also happens in the classifieds now and more prevalent than before.
It should not make a difference but I have windows 7 in a month old new computer using windows explorer.(a different computer but same flavored OS and software than when my first trouble began in January) Neither of which I'll change without a gun to my head.
Seems there is no problem with the thousands of new ads I some time have to wait for to down load but this back button issue has caused enough grief I have begun to limit my time on this forum since it is becoming increasingly mundane & tedious to deal with.
It happens no where else out side this forum that I have found.
I sincerely hope it gets fixed soon as I don't deal with frustration well, eventually, usually, end up just avoiding it.

Not to be a pain but five months later and my back button will still only work a few times then I have to machine gun click it to get it to move. Not always successful, and will have to click back on the forum tab and start over. It also happens in the classifieds now and more prevalent than before.
It should not make a difference but I have windows 7 in a month old new computer using windows explorer.(a different computer but same flavored OS and software than when my first trouble began in January) Neither of which I'll change without a gun to my head.
Seems there is no problem with the thousands of new ads I some time have to wait for to down load but this back button issue has caused enough grief I have begun to limit my time on this forum since it is becoming increasingly mundane & tedious to deal with.
It happens no where else out side this forum that I have found.
I sincerely hope it gets fixed soon as I don't deal with frustration well, eventually, usually, end up just avoiding it.

Sorry man, I've been doing everything I can to get to the bottom of this. A couple posts up I asked if someone could spend a bit of time trying to replicate it with me. If I can find a volunteer it'd be incredibly helpful, since I still haven't been able to reproduce this myself (though I'm confident it exists). @Cogs was having the same problem with the screen jumping around and the back button not working. A new computer seemed to solve his issue, but obviously that isn't a solution (especially considering this is the only place it occurs).

A tip that might help in the meantime, if you press ctrl+h it'll pull up your history and you can click where you'd like return.

Sorry man, I've been doing everything I can to get to the bottom of this. A couple posts up I asked if someone could spend a bit of time trying to replicate it with me. If I can find a volunteer it'd be incredibly helpful, since I still haven't been able to reproduce this myself (though I'm confident it exists). @Cogs was having the same problem with the screen jumping around and the back button not working. A new computer seemed to solve his issue, but obviously that isn't a solution (especially considering this is the only place it occurs).
Certainly the new computer solved it. It runs on Windows 10, has tons of space and is real fast. I haven't had a lick of trouble since. I run all my browsing on Fire Fox.

My Android, however, does have that problem, however, it's not consistent. Therefore, I chalk that up to needing to be cleaned and needing to hibernate background programs. Often, it's simply reboot and things run smooth again.

It's not just the back button.. It's also happens when I hit forums, the the drop down menu appears and hit new content.. That sets off the page jump around and I always end up on the home page.. Then it doesn't do it again. But if I close my browser and then reopen, it will do it again..

I've learned to live with it :)

No apologies needed Joe I'm just sharing my frustration.

Likely best left to the professionals but here is what I experience and reckon.

Screen Jump; Mine has stopped.
My theory; Everybody wants a piece of Joe so the downloading of mass ads & or other things beyond my comprehension halts/ interrupts scrolling and some other functions whilst downloading is happening. So if you are moving around on the page or moving to other pages while this was happening it jumps to the last place it was when the interruption happened.
Why / how it is gone is a wonderment to me.

Back Button not working: Intermittent, Ongoing. Good luck with that one intermittent problems are a nightmare just ask anyone that has spent boo coo bucks with an auto shop fixing what refuses to happen when you bring it in.

Symptom's; Now resides solely within the classified ads. (that I know of since its intermittent)Repeated opening and closing ads by using the back arrow button (Open ad, peruse, hit back button, scroll down, open another ad, Peruse etc. repeat) Today it is working fine. Yesterday I spent little time so don't know, last time spent being irritated was Sunday after the first few cycles of opening and closing it would not return to the section selected without fast, repeated clicking of the arrow. Then again, sometimes it would.

Only absolute: Going into "History" isn't going to work for me. It's easier to just keep banging away at the back arrow while yelling at it.o_O

Other Info: My computer runs 24-7.
Viral scans , manual backup, then rebooting biweekly.
Rebooting during issues tried several times with mixed results, usually ineffective albeit it is intermittent.
New equipment built by professionals to my specs;
upload_2016-5-18_8-37-4.png
upload_2016-5-18_8-38-54.png
Windows explorer search.
All auto updates have been disabled.
I have stepped back in time from my last computer as it was not to my liking especially windows 10, so changes or "upgrades" aren't going to happen until things totally refuse to work without them. Hopefully I'm dead by then.
Prompt for any other information you may feel helpful.

Thanks for your diligence and continued strive for excellence.

Made a bit of progress today guys.

It appears to be an issue with the way Internet Explorer and Edge save encrypted content to the disk (something Chrome and Firefox do not do). Here are instructions on how to tell Internet Explorer to not write encrypted pages to the disk. I tested it and it seems to work, but I'd like more feedback from Internet Explorer users.

Unfortunately, the Edge browser does not have the option to change this setting (or most others). To get around this Edge limitation I'm looking into a way to prevent writing to disk on the server side. Regardless of whether we're able to fix this issue for the Edge browser, I highly recommend switching to a 'full feature' browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome.

I just tried it with Chrome, and it happens.

Interesting thing, I tap the drop down menu on "forums" it starts bouncing around, I don't hit any of the subgroups that are in the forum drop down menu. I tap "resources" it works fine, same thing for "information" and "help" they both work perfect. Only bounce around comes from "forums"

I think I may have fixed this. Give it a try and let me know ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top