JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Talking with some colleagues today about prepping and one chimed up. "Yea Ill just shoot you and take your guns and ammo&Food". So I responded, I have purposely made HOT loads that will blow you and everyone around you away, Also I have poisoned some of my food so that only my wife and I know witch ether is! His response was "That's not humane". Mine was, Neither is yours and now I know who to preemptively snipe. The room was quiet but agreeable after.:cool:

Talking with some colleagues today about prepping and one chimed up. "Yea Ill just shoot you and take your guns and ammo&Food"...

Brilliant plan that guy had. Very well thought out! :s0114: Right up there with "we will come to your house" (we have been told that by some close "friends"). Sometimes I wish things would get to that point just so the morons can experience first-hand how their "plan" will be an epic fail.

Nice.
I do tell the folks who just say: "If S ever hits the fan, Im going to/with you".. I then say: "Im going to defend my location from ALL passerby's AS WELL AS aggressors.. Also.. My fridge will need meat.. So unless you've got something you're bringing to the table.. Keep on walking.

If push comes to shove.. I will eat you, your family, your dog..etc.
many will deny that cold hard truth.. But in the end, we'll all revert to our animal instincts.
Granted it'll take A LONG time before we start eating each other.. But at least Im realistic.

Thats when the conversation usually ends. LOL.

But think about it.. If I let everyone join my team.. They'll literally be taking food water and medicine right from my family. One ration, two..etc. essentially ensuring all of our demise because they didn't have the forethought nor desire to prepare.

But I like that idea. Instead of poisoning one food ration or round of ammunition, why not Booby-trap an entire lot of it. Perhaps an entire cache at the main location or most likely to be discovered same idea but a greater chance of taking out more of the low lifes that either murdered or are stealing from you.

This is one of the reasons I usually don't talk about this with people I don't like or don't trust. I've never gotten that remark addressed to me personally, but I've heard it espoused most loudly by police. This is why I've been stocking up on fava beans and chianti.

Why are you even talking to people about this stuff?

In our case it is because some friends pretty much only talk about their latest "favorite" television shows, and we have to change the subject so as not to be bored to death (literally). Hearing their reactions is pretty entertaining too - at least until their brains reset back to tv show conversations. Also, one of the ways we gauge where we are on the timeline is by listening to what the uber-clueless have to say on the matter.

^^^ What ever makes your life less boring! I prefer that NOBODY knows what I have, do or prepare! Only those neighbors who are in it with me. I've known them 20-30yrs.

Only a few know about my stuff and I'm lucky to be in an area where most prep for extended winter storms anyway so I don't stand out, still OPSEC is very important especially in these times. Remember that Obama still has that Hot Line to turn in Terrorists for cash.

In our case it is because some friends pretty much only talk about their latest "favorite" television shows, and we have to change the subject so as not to be bored to death (literally). Hearing their reactions is pretty entertaining too - at least until their brains reset back to tv show conversations. Also, one of the ways we gauge where we are on the timeline is by listening to what the uber-clueless have to say on the matter.

I try to avoid these types of people. They usually don't have the creativity or capacity to keep up and as you state... make boring conversationalists. Reminds me of a date I went on, just making small talk and I said "so what do you think about the upcoming election" just trying to gauge what kind of person she was, "I don't vote" was her response. I think I asked for the check and we went our separate ways after that.

Only a few know about my stuff and I'm lucky to be in an area where most prep for extended winter storms anyway so I don't stand out, still OPSEC is very important especially in these times. Remember that Obama still has that Hot Line to turn in Terrorists for cash.

Opsec is always critically important. Doesn't matter who is in the white house, there are so many laws on the books, and so many new laws being created every day, god only knows when you will violate one of them and the JBT will show up at your door.

I try to avoid these types of people. They usually don't have the creativity or capacity to keep up and as you state... make boring conversationalists. Reminds me of a date I went on, just making small talk and I said "so what do you think about the upcoming election" just trying to gauge what kind of person she was, "I don't vote" was her response. I think I asked for the check and we went our separate ways after that.

Opsec is always critically important. Doesn't matter who is in the white house, there are so many laws on the books, and so many new laws being created every day, god only knows when you will violate one of them and the JBT will show up at your door.

good for you

the reason is so they can come after you for any reason and have an excuse to do it

When people start talking about roasted people legs, that pretty much ends the thread. Trolling deserves no response.

Kinda brings the zombie thing to reality doesn't it . Many "citizens" will be larger problems than the gov. Trust is going to be a dambed hard thing to earn for somentime if things get gritty.

IN post SHTF, trust will be non existent unless it is inside your own group. To expect yourself and group to form alliances and associations after SHTF is going to be pretty risky. My group is mostly family, with a fair amount of like minded friends. We have trained prepared, and are very aware of and confident in each others abilities.

I would be pretty hesitant to form any associations after the fact. These relationships need to be well vetted and established before you have to react to outside influences.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top