JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know the Dead Air Mask is the top dog for .22 cans, and I'm not against it. Just checking to see if there is a better option for my specific situation.

Ruger Precision Rimfire
Easy clean baffles
Bulk 22 ammo and CCI mini mags

Additional caliber ratings are not important to me
Weight is not a significant factor
Would prefer a Silencer Shop purchase

I've got a handful of 22 cans now.

Id definitely say the Mask and Oculus sound the best out of those I have and of those I don't own but have shot.

Id vote the Rugged Oculus over the Mask now that I have both.

Main reason is easy of cleaning. The entire thing is SS and I can just toss the whole thing, taken down or not, into a bowl of CLR and call it a day.

I usually shoot it in K mode too, as it's actually pretty quiet in the little mode on 16" guns.

I'm not exactly a fan of the mount and the end cap being threaded into the tube on the mask. Means both can come lose. Nothing some red locktight to the mount can't fix, but a minor personal annoyance. I've got others that are similar and I solved the problem by loctiting the mount and torquing it to the tube. Its rather annoying to check for tightness on the gun and the tube spins instead as the mount came lose.

Id like to try a mono core if I got another. The SilencerCo Sparrow might be next.

I'm also on the Sparrow train. Performs well, easy maintenance, it's about as upper middle class as I'll dream to reach.

Just buy the mask. I use one on my Ruger precision rimfire and they look like they were designed for each other. The cleaning isn't that bad and I've never had my tube or cap loosen. The mask almost always rates as the best in every category so why not buy the best? These are rimfire suppressors we're talking about. The difference between the cheapest and most expensive models isn't that much and you're paying $200 on top regardless of base price. Just buy the best.

Have a Mask, EA Nyx2, Q El Camino out of jail, shot many other rimfire cans and for suppressing the majority of rimfire configurations the Mask is never a wrong choice. Got an Oculus, TBAC 22lr Takedown and EA Nyx in jail. All the top tier cans and for that matter mid-tier cans do a great job on sound suppression on 22lr. The intangibles of paying that extra $100 premium for top tier cans comes from materials like all stainless steel and titanium construction that allows you to clean in ultrasonic or clr, reduced or no first round pop, weight reduction, latest designs, etc.... To me it is a no brainer to pay the extra $100 for the added convenience and features when you factor in the wait, hassle and minimal uplift to what you already have invested. I will mention that Rugged has been running a $200 gift card with a purchase of one of their suppressors which the Oculus qualifies for.

I have an older Spectre II on my .22 bolt gun and I love it. It gets heavy use doing varmint control and has held up great to being banged around. I have been considering a more modern can. I tried a friend's Oculus and loved it, so I'll be ordering one of those soon. Those are the only two cans I have personal experience with.

Have a Mask, EA Nyx2, Q El Camino out of jail, shot many other rimfire cans and for suppressing the majority of rimfire configurations the Mask is never a wrong choice. Got an Oculus, TBAC 22lr Takedown and EA Nyx in jail. All the top tier cans and for that matter mid-tier cans do a great job on sound suppression on 22lr. The intangibles of paying that extra $100 premium for top tier cans comes from materials like all stainless steel and titanium construction that allows you to clean in ultrasonic or clr, reduced or no first round pop, weight reduction, latest designs, etc.... To me it is a no brainer to pay the extra $100 for the added convenience and features when you factor in the wait, hassle and minimal uplift to what you already have invested. I will mention that Rugged has been running a $200 gift card with a purchase of one of their suppressors which the Oculus qualifies for.
Yes TITANIUM !!!!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads