JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, finished the kitchen remodel and the Supreme Commander said that I should look at that handgun I've had my eye on..... Well now....

I have no idea which one I had my eye on but who am I to argue with the Supreme Commander..... Now that I've started looking I really have a wild hair about the Baby Desert Eagle in 40mm.

All I've done at this point is the internet thing soooo, any suggestions or comments regarding this particular gun???

Help.

Don't do it. I had the chance to shoot one(in 9mm) in a match today in a surprise stage and suffice to say it sucked. The majority of people missed all their shots be cause of the trigger. Look at Glock, XD's, or the S/W m&p's. You can upgrade all the internals easily and they are cheap and easy to maintain. You will be much happier with any of these IMHO. Just my 2 cents

I guess a little more info is required, what are you going to use the gun for ?
Something to take to the range and put a few hundred rounds through on a regular basis or something to use for CC. If for carry what is your preferred carry method, IWB, OWB Pocket?

John

I also can't imagine spare parts being easy to come by. Bullseye had one at their range, and it was out for repairs forever. I didn't even ask if they got it back yet.

What about an entry level 1911? There are a LOT to choose from, and most are reasonably priced as well.:D

I had one in 45acp. Sold it about a year ago. It was a very good gun quality wise. I was impressed with the fit and finish of it. Only problem I had with it was I couldnt shoot reloads throught it. The gun was that tight.

I sold it because I couldnt hit anything with it. 10 feet in front of me and I still couldnt hit the target. It was not accurate at all. I didnt have any problems hitting the target with my 1911's, just the baby desert eagle.

That, and it was VERY heavy! For a gun that size it was heavier than my fullsize 1911's!

i have a .45 never a prob. shoots reloads and fac. loads great and can make a can dance all day long. i have never herd so many bad things about the baby eagle most people love them.

edit

mine is a steel frame

Which "Baby Desert Eagle" are we talking about? I would be very disappointed if Magnum Research ruined their licensed version of the venerable Walther P99. I LOVE my Walther P99.

If that is the case, then just buy a Walther P99AS.

I have one in 9mm, it's the Jerico model. While a little heavy, it shoots nice but you can't just pick it up and be good with it. You need range time as with any gun you want to be good with. I've got several hundred rounds through mine and have had zero problems. I would'nt go with other than 9mm, cheaper ammo and better cap for carry.
MR does make it confusing with Sooo many labeled as the "Baby Eagle" I think there are 4 different versions. Good luck

GET ONE!!!!!!!!! You'll be happy with it!!!

Ive had 2! they are VERY accurate!!! Get a STEEL one in 9mm or 40. And to those that dident like them must have shot the polymer one.

The most accurate, smooth trigger out of the box pistols ever!!!

GET ONE!!!!!!!!! You'll be happy with it!!!

Ive had 2! they are VERY accurate!!! Get a STEEL one in 9mm or 40. And to those that dident like them must have shot the polymer one.

The most accurate, smooth trigger out of the box pistols ever!!!

I have to concur with some of that. I've had my steel-frame Baby Eagle in 9mm for over 3 years now - been on my hip as a primary carry weapon the entire time. I've put a several hundred rounds through it, and only had 1 misfire (with crap ammo, not the gun's fault). It is certainly heavy, but it's a tack driver. I'm well inside the 8-ring at 15 yards pretty consistently with it. My version accepts 12-round mags, which is more than adequate for self defense purposes. Overall, I'm quite pleased with it.

That's my 2 cents, for what its worth.

I miss mine! I had an early IMI compact Baby Eagle and loved it. Accurate and cycled any of my handloads. About two years ago a friend of mine had to have it and I needed the Snowplow he had that fit the Quad I just bought so we worked out a trade. I will say the only thing I did not like was the short grip but that was not the fault of the gun. The only thing that made it tolerable was the grip extension on the mag. I really want another and I will keep my eye open for one but in the full size version unless I find A Belgium made BHP first!

I had one in .40 with the polymer frame. While the thing did shoot, it did not do it well.

I could not get good groups,had many FTF, and FTE, plus the trigger was very gritty. Oh, and sometimes it would decock all by itself.:confused: IMHO these are not worth the paper your money is printed on.

Don't do it. I had the chance to shoot one(in 9mm) in a match today in a surprise stage and suffice to say it sucked. The majority of people missed all their shots be cause of the trigger. Look at Glock, XD's, or the S/W m&p's. You can upgrade all the internals easily and they are cheap and easy to maintain. You will be much happier with any of these IMHO. Just my 2 cents

IT sucked???

Really???

I had one (.40 as well) in the compact variant and it was spot on, maybe YOU suck??? Nice orange sized groups ibn the head at 30 ft firing rapidly.... connsistantly.

LOL... I loved mine, wish I didnt have to sell it... 100s of rounds through it it chomped ANYTHING as far as ammo and was really accurate. I had a steel framed model from IMI (One of the older ones), and the recoil was VERY managable as well.

I CCed it, it was obviously a little heavier due to the steel frame, but im a big guy and never really bugged me. That said, anyone whos shot one and says its a bad weapon (let alone not accurate) needs to be flogged with a ball peen hammer.

Pretend you were there when I cleared it before putting my finger on the trigger... or that I planned on shooting my wall, whatever works for you. LOL.. :p

IMAG0096.jpg
IMAG0092.jpg
IMAG0093.jpg
IMAG0095.jpg

I have the compact .40 with the trigger safety. Has a short, crisp trigger pull like I've never felt. And dead nuts accurate, better than my S&W third gen 9mm. It weighs 2.5 lbs with a full mag, but because of that it also has less recoil than any 9mm I've ever shot. I like the look, which some people don't. The only real downside is that the slide is thin and a little hard to grip right on the draw, which is only a problem if you don't carry condition one. Overall, I love this little thing. Eretz Yisrael!

ive had 2 941fs jerichos, anyone ive ever let shoot it, they have out shot their own primary carry. metal frame all the way,
i can feed it anything and it will do its part. Trigger is great handling and feel is amazing. the po;y guns are bad though.