JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a older JLD enterprises .308 PTR-91 with a B&T low profile picatinny scope mount, I had to remove the rail to get to the serial # when I picked it up from my FFL. When I went to remount the rail I thread-locked the screws for the four brackets and seeing as it is steel screws/brackets going through an aluminum mount I set the screws to 40 in lbs of torque. Upon test firing/zeroing I noticed that my point of impact was shifting up to 12in at 100m . I checked the mount and I have around 1/32in of play in all direction. I was thinking about just taking the screws out, cleaning them up, and remounting the brackets with 65in lbs like I normally do for my steel scope bases and bedding blocks but I'm a little bit weary about putting that much torque on a aluminum mount. Does anyone have any opinions or know what the factory recommend amount of torque is for a B&T mount?:confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top