JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Set up My Gunbroker account today

Well, I have some ammo and mags i am going to be listing on Gunbroker. Seems some people think that at 50 to 60 cents a round for 223 ammo that i might possibly be getting into gouging territory. It was the same i paid for the ammo myself plus 40 bucks for gas but still everyone thinks i should be selling for 20 cents a round or something.

KeeP oN Dreaming.

I got on Gunbroker today and the same ammo is actively selling at 80,90 cents a round for wolf, 90,1.00,1.10 for federal, and 1.80 to 2.20 for the hornady i have.

It would be kind of stupid of me to sell to someone for 50 cents a round and have to listen to them complain when there are some gladly bidding and paying twice as much without complaining.

I will be taking every penny i make and putting it back into my own personal gun collection, and when someone asks me to pay 1500-1800 for a PTR, the same rifle i paid 1000 for 2 weeks ago, i'm not going to complain! That is the current market. Its actually kind of exciting.

Unfortunately i have to get every stinking penny out of what i have, because i have what i believe, is an extremely short time to finish out my collection before everything i want becomes illegal.

I'm not an outsider jumping in to make a quick buck, i'm an insider trying to make every penny i can so i can expand my collection before its too late. Good Luck to those who are in the same boat and for those that complain, find a hobby where there is nothing to complain about, i'm gonna bet you cant find one :s0112:

well now that you've publicly justified your gouging by moving to a place where the gouging is more common place and a little more annonymous............. go .........no need to pontificate here any longer is there

You cant gouge in an auction, if people want to panic and buy an item to make themselves feel better its their choice. It isnt something they need, or they would have bought it when it was cheap. Now its just something they want because they cant have it. I have seen items on here for 50 percent more than what they were going for 2 months ago. When i have the money i'll gladly pay it if its something i want. I wont feel gouged, I never do when i willingly pay what someone is asking for something even if i know it was half the price yesterday

I don't think anyone cares if you sell your stuff on Gunbroker? The entire post just seemed pointless? Like you are confessing something to us and want us to say you're not a bad person!

LOL confess? Hell no! the whole point is i'm tired of hearing everyone calling everyone else gougers. I dont care what you think of me, i dont even know you or most of the rest of the guys on this site. But when people start saying every time they dont think they are getting a rocking deal that someone is a gouger, it sounds like a bunch of whiny old guys that think they deserve something at a price they have set in their head.

again just seemed pointless to share, not sure what kind of response you were looking for?
to each their own
Haha!!! EXACTLY the response i was looking for! thanks Nick! "to each their own"

So when you see someone post something for more than you think it should cost, keep it to yourself. I have seen some COMICAL prices asked for items on THIS forum as well as Gunbrokers. When they ask i laugh, if someone pays it i laugh even harder, but i have not seen ANYONE gouge anyone else yet.... everyone has known what they were purchasing and agreed to buy it for that price. its just the current market, if you dont like it buy a new tv, stay home and dont let it give you a heartattack if you cant handle it :s0155:

Gouge away, its free enterprise at it's best.

I have some 840 round sealed cans of LakeCity M855 in bando's I'm curious how much it would go for.

I'm guessing tomorrow its going to be worth even more.

I think I paid the outrageous price of 35 cents per for it. It was outrageous at the time anyway.

I have some red/white box PMC M193 left still from pre 2k that I know I paid 12 cents per. It can sit there in my ammo fort a while longer too.

I was at walmart today picking up a new bore brush and a guy was at the counter talking to the sales guy, he was bragging how he got 500 rounds of 223 for $470 like it was the deal of a life time. My back was to them but i busted out laughing. Made me think i might need to sell 6 or 7k of 223 and pay off my house.

It does not matter what it is listed for it is the completed auctions that matters. Big difference between the 2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I don't think anyone cares if you sell your stuff on Gunbroker? The entire post just seemed pointless? Like you are confessing something to us and want us to say you're not a bad person!

I sort of got this feeling myself. What the whole point of your post anyway? Not trying to dogpile on here, but uh......

Set up My Gunbroker account today

Well, I have some ammo and mags i am going to be listing on Gunbroker. Seems some people think that at 50 to 60 cents a round for 223 ammo that i might possibly be getting into gouging territory. It was the same i paid for the ammo myself plus 40 bucks for gas but still everyone thinks i should be selling for 20 cents a round or something.

KeeP oN Dreaming.

I got on Gunbroker today and the same ammo is actively selling at 80,90 cents a round for wolf, 90,1.00,1.10 for federal, and 1.80 to 2.20 for the hornady i have.

It would be kind of stupid of me to sell to someone for 50 cents a round and have to listen to them complain when there are some gladly bidding and paying twice as much without complaining.

I will be taking every penny i make and putting it back into my own personal gun collection, and when someone asks me to pay 1500-1800 for a PTR, the same rifle i paid 1000 for 2 weeks ago, i'm not going to complain! That is the current market. Its actually kind of exciting.

Unfortunately i have to get every stinking penny out of what i have, because i have what i believe, is an extremely short time to finish out my collection before everything i want becomes illegal.

I'm not an outsider jumping in to make a quick buck, i'm an insider trying to make every penny i can so i can expand my collection before its too late. Good Luck to those who are in the same boat and for those that complain, find a hobby where there is nothing to complain about, i'm gonna bet you cant find one :s0112:

Maybe I'm issing something here? But If you sell off your ammo at $??.?? per round to buy gun parts and build a dandy fire arm collection, what will you shoot in those firearms?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top