B.S. In Bend

The Heretic

Reactions
Sounds like the Bend PD is protecting "one of their own" even if he is from out of state. Sweep it under the rug. :rolleyes:

How can we respect LEOs when stuff like this happens and they don't police their own? One set of rules for the "civilians" and another for the LEOs? :mad:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I used to be a federal LEO and what this cop did is wrong in a number of ways even if there are "conflicting statements". He should not keep his job, he is a ticking time bomb IMO.

Reactions
The double standard rears it's ugly head again.
Cops shouldn't have a separate set of rules. As I peruse the various gun forums I've read many threads about cops pulling their guns on open carriers, other LAC's, suspected criminals that ultimately were innocent.
If any of us pulled a gun like they do we'd all be arrested.

Reactions
Would have been legally interesting if a CC had shot Tribble for drawing on them. Technically, under Oregon law, Tribble should be charged with reckless endangerment for being intoxicated with a firearm.

Morpheus

Reactions
I don't care if there is an extension of conceal carry to LEO. That isn't a huge issue to me. What is serious issue, is the drunk while carrying. I believe that is a straight up felony if convicted in Oregon.

That is the part which is unacceptable to me. No one, and mean no one, should be given a pass for carrying a firearm while drunk. You get behind the wheel, you are done. You carry while drunk, you are done.

Go to jail, do not pass go, do not collection $200 dollars.

Reactions
I don't care if there is an extension of conceal carry to LEO. That isn't a huge issue to me. What is serious issue, is the drunk while carrying. I believe that is a straight up felony if convicted in Oregon.

That is the part which is unacceptable to me. No one, and mean no one, should be given a pass for carrying a firearm while drunk. You get behind the wheel, you are done. You carry while drunk, you are done.

§ 163.195¹
Recklessly endangering another person

(1)A person commits the crime of recklessly endangering another person if the person recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person.

(2)Recklessly endangering another person is a Class A misdemeanor. [1971 c.743 §96]

Reactions
I'm honestly curious if the cop would have been charged with murder if he shot someone. On the flip side what would have happened to the guy on the ground if he would have been carrying and shot the cop on top of him. IMO the CA cop has punched you, jumps on top of you, draws a handgun, that's practically a text book example of reasonable fear of death.

Morpheus

Reactions
§ 163.195¹
Recklessly endangering another person

(1)A person commits the crime of recklessly endangering another person if the person recklessly engages in conduct which creates a substantial risk of serious physical injury to another person.

(2)Recklessly endangering another person is a Class A misdemeanor. [1971 c.743 §96]
Keep digging, Recklessly Endangerment should be start of this guys crimes. There is another crime, if I remember correctly, related directly to being intoxicated while carrying a firearm.

Reactions

Negative. There's absolutely no prohibition against drinking and packing.

And shouldn't be.

Morpheus

Reactions
Negative. There's absolutely no prohibition against drinking and packing.

And shouldn't be.
Uh, I didn't say drinking, I said drunk. As in intoxicated to the point where you are impaired. If you have a beer or two over the course of a few hours, you aren't drunk (Well some people might be, but most won't).

That is no different than getting behind the wheel of a car while drunk.

Reactions
Uh, I didn't say drinking, I said drunk. As in intoxicated to the point where you are impaired. If you have a beer or two over the course of a few hours, you aren't drunk (Well some people might be, but most won't).

That is no different than getting behind the wheel of a car while drunk.
I've been hammered with a gun on my hip, and I've been hammered behind the wheel of a motorvehicle. Hammered behind the wheel of a vehicle is WAAAAAAAY more hazardous than hammered with a gun.

And no- no prohibitions against being absolutely bubblegum-faced blitzed and packing. Nothing. Though if a cop is dealing with you because you're hammered, you can bet he's gonna relieve you of your sidearm.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Little Shop!
    I went in the place several weeks ago while visiting my kid at school. I ended up buying a new set of electronic ear muffs as my old ones were...
  • Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    My go-to
    Neil has been nothing but professional, helpful and fair since I was a brand new shooter. He and his staff treat everyone with respect and you...
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    1.00 star(s)
    Completely unhappy!
    Not happy, customer service is highly lacking, and the male employees are rude. We wont be back!!
  • Wildcat Mountain
    4.00 star(s)
    Wildcat Mountain Nov. 30
    Went there today, it was accessible but bad conditions which I kind of expected. Melting snow, mud, etc. No one there and I didn't see a lot of...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
Top Bottom