JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Marlet Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them.... He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.”
“That is correct” he says.
I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
“You have to do what you must” he said.
“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.
I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bare arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.
Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
623-582-9635
1638 W Knudsen Dr
Phoenix, Arizona 85027
McMillan Integrity-Global Vision
www.mcmill****a.comSee More

OK. How do I go about finding out who is 2nd amendment friendly.

Has anyone ever published a list?
yes.basically if you find a left leaning company like GE,Nike,Johnson&Johnson,Ben &Jerrys ice cream etc.you can bet they are anti 2nd amendment and anti american companies.look up left leaning companies and see the list,thats what i did.
dont forget coca cola is anti american anti 2a for their stance on the travon martin debacle.

Bank of America has had a predatory approach to their customers for years. For that reason I have refused to do business
with them. This is a new low right here!

Where did you find this? I tried to find an original but my Google-fu only turned up other firearms forums that didn't seem to link to anything. I looked through McMillan's site too.

I'm not a fan of B of A either.

we have a checking account with them because they have our mortgage after buying countrywide. they blow and i have all our other biz with local owned banks now. B of A you can kiss our asses good by now

When BofA took over Security Pacific years ago and I found myself automatically switched, I dropped them like a hot potato. Switched to Wells Fargo, their practices finally got my goat recently, switched to Chase. The mortage I have been trying to get with them has turned into a nightmare, but, they are very veteran friendly, so far. I do realize that getting a mortgage now is not the cake walk it was in the past, but, they seem barely interested.

Probably going to switch again, any ideas?

Not sure what is in your area. Dropped Chase a year or so ago after the changed their policy to require a direct deposit of a monthly amount of at least $500 or a monthly balance of $1500 otherwise they were going to charge me $10-15 a month for my formally free checking account. I'm a broke a** college student and am lucky to see $1500 total in a month pass through my account let alone maintain a balance that large. After being a WaMu costumer for over 15 years it was insulting and I left for a locally owned bank. Unfortantly I don't think they are outside the Clark Co area otherwise I would recommend them to you.

We were with Washington Mutual when they went tits up and became CHASE when Chase quickly changed all the free accounts to money making products we pulled everything but the basic household checking account. Moved all our savings accounts to the wifes credit union. Then when CHASE started the crap with charging on the checking accounts we went to West Coast Bank. Now they are charging for checking but its much less and they were very nice about it. So far we are satisfied with West Coast.

From FaceBook
search for: McMillan Group International

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years.

Anyone who has been in the military knows that Bank of America is anti-military and just causes chaos with their policies. It has always been that way. We dropped them in the 1970's. Chase isn't much better. This is the day of the Credit Union and their rapidly growning customer base confirms it.

Chase can kiss my butt, was with Wash. Mutual for 20 years personal and buisness then all the charges came pouring in after Chase took over. Now we are with a local credit union and very happy.

If we assume that every word you posted is true, it sounds to me like you interrupted him, then cut the meeting short without finding out why he doesn't want your business.

Therefore, you don't know why he doesn't want your business.

This is a case of a knee-jerk reaction leaving you in ignorance.

Any assumption you make about why he doesn't want your business is, therefore, merely your assumption, and any truth in it will be coincidental.

A far better approach would have been to keep control of your emotions and ask for a letter. Then, at least, you'd know.

As it is, you're left with nothing of substance, your fears and any conclusions within jumping range. This situation is to their advantage, not yours.

I dropped BoA after it bought out SeaFirst (when we still lived on the wet side we were SeaFirst customers) and then went with a local S&L, that S&L was bought out by a slightly larger local bank, that local bank was bought out by Wells Fargo. Our little village does not offer much more in banking options.

Wells Fargo has be ok for us, no problems, and I OC. No fees, unless I screw up (which I did do once)

If we assume that every word you posted is true, it sounds to me like you interrupted him, then cut the meeting short without finding out why he doesn't want your business.

Therefore, you don't know why he doesn't want your business.

This is a case of a knee-jerk reaction leaving you in ignorance.

Any assumption you make about why he doesn't want your business is, therefore, merely your assumption, and any truth in it will be coincidental.

A far better approach would have been to keep control of your emotions and ask for a letter. Then, at least, you'd know.

As it is, you're left with nothing of substance, your fears and any conclusions within jumping range. This situation is to their advantage, not yours.

Sounded pretty clear to me. He interrupted with what he thought was the reason, and the guy confirmed that the assumption was correct. How is this not knowing?

At this point I interrupted him and asked "Can I possibly save you some time so that you don't waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business."
"That is correct" he says.

I dropped BofA a few years back for the crap service I got when my statements came in spanish for a year, even after I called every month. I personally don't like credit unions but may be headed that way if wells slaps any more fees.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top