JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would have been biting my nails during the entire landing. I love the sound of those turbines spinning up. Amazing work by the folks that build these models.

$60k just buy a real plane and fly in it!

I was golfing one day and heard a heck of a racket.

It was a guy flying a gas powered helicopter. It's was pretty awesome. He was a pro at that thing. It was amazing.

That B-52 pilot had a history of pulling hair brained stunts and when he turned that last lap he found himself flying over the nuclear ammo bunkers and that alone was cause for immediate loss of your wings and a court martial, so he pulled the turn even tighter to avoid the no fly zone.

Last Edited:
That B-52 pilot had a history of pulling hair brained stunts and when he turned that last lap he found himself flying over the ammo bunkers and that alone was cause for immediate loss of your wings and a court martial, so he pulled the turn even tighter to avoid the no fly zone.

Typically wouldn't think of a B-52 pilot as being a hot dog. Sad end for the crew. Reminds me of this one from a couple years ago at Bargram Air Base in Afghanistan. From what I've heard, the plane was heavily loaded and the load shifted to the rear during takeoff (either not properly secured, or the tie-downs failed) which resulted in pushing the center of gravity to the rear so much so that the pilot could not overcome the severe tail-heavy condition, which caused the plane to stall and crash. Also a sad story.

My Great Uncle flew B-52's 'over the top' on surveillance/recon/mapping missions over the USSR; his command was directly under Curtis LeMay and SAC out of Spokane AAF, then moved to Glasgow AFB where he became comptroller until it was shut down. He had some stories! After that he served two terms in the Montana State House, he had a ranch just south of the Crazy Mountains (beeves, hogs, chickens) where I had the pleasure of working as a youngster during the summers. He had six heart attacks in the span of 30 years. They don't make them like him any more! He passed in 2005.

He would of loved to have seen this RC craft.

R.I.P Maj. Richard L. Forester.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top