JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny.... I requested (a couple of days ago... I know mysef) two for exactly that reason.

OR doesn't require any live fire testing, just the ability to sit through a class. My nonresident WA CPL only required me to fill out a form.

It's not like I fear a proficiency test or anything, I'd confidently charge forward... I'm not a great shot but I'm at least proficient. But those things come w a price tag and scheduling challenges that could get sticky for me.

I've got some time, the trip is in late August. But I think I'd better get a move on.

Believe me, I hear you. I'm currently holding valid permits for Washington, California, and AZ. I'm into it all for about $600 between fees, classes, fingerprinting, etc. It's a hell of a lot of money for something that is supposed to be our god given right. :rolleyes:

Then there is the time of it all. My California (San Diego) permit had three separate interviews. THREE!

I only did AZ because it was a slam dunk after I got CA and it opens up a ton of states. We really need national reciprocity. :)

Handgunlaw.us : CCW Map

That site shows you where you can carry with what licenses you have
That's a pretty good one. The only problem with it is that it doesn't let you differentiate between resident and non-resident permits.

The disclaimer under the map provides some clarity though, thanks.

It looks like SC is just plain off-limits to an OR resident

As an update, I recieved my CC permit application from AZ DPS... the training requirement(s) are a bit unclear but I just spoke to them on the phone and was told that an OR CHL is sufficient. A copy of both front and back will do.

Next update will be either me telling you that that information is true, or that it's baloney. We'll see.

As others have said, SC only recognizes resident permits, and does not yet recognize WA or OR.
Yesterday, down in TX, the customer shows me this app on his phone - CCW. Best I've seen, by far.
Coolest feature, quick access to carry regs and restrictions for each state - regularly updated. $1.99 / year subscription.
Of course, I got it.

Screenshot_20190424-043221_CCW.jpg
Screenshot_20190423-182102_CCW.jpg

Last Edited:
I think SC is like Oregon they only recognize a South Carolina permit.
I could be wrong
Looks like there are a few for SC.
South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
South Carolina Reciprocity
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho (Enhanced Only), Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi(Enhanced Only), Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota(Enhanced Only), Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota (Enhanced Only), Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia (21 years of age and older) and Wyoming.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top