JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
With all the horrendously violent crimes being committed by illegals in AZ, I would think that those that support this law would have the ammo to end this argument logically and civilly.

The law as it is written is fairly simple. Certain language has been altered since Governor Brewer signed it, to clarify the role(s) of state and local LEOs.
What they did, was duplicate the federal laws concerning illegal immigrants at the state level.
The net effect is that LEOs in the state of Arizona are now empowered to enforce federal statutes. Pretty simple.
The need for probable cause HAS NOT been suspended.
Due process HAS NOT been suspended.
Only those that get their news from MSNBC, Salon.com and HuffPo have their panties in a twist. That's just typical leftist alarmism over conservatives wanting the LAWS UPHELD/ENFORCED!
They are seeing boogymen where there are none.
Just like when they ranted it was the "big money conservatives" that were hiring them to increase their bottom line with cheap labor. Bugeye does this regularly. But then when ICE/INS does go in and bust them, and write the big bad profit mongers a fine, they scream "leave the workers alone, they're only trying to better them selves and live the American dream."

What's the problem?? MAKE UP YOUR MIND LEFTIES! You can't have it both ways. Send them home and make them go through existing channels,...
Sheesh!

Oh, and PbP? Personally I always have though you were a nutjob. ;)
But you're a nutjob with some damn nice sidearms!

"Oh, and PbP? Personally I always have though you were a nutjob.
But you're a nutjob with some damn nice sidearms! "

He shows alot of guns don't he :s0112::s0112::s0112: Never cared much for people who flaunt their guns but have respect for those who compete with them.:s0155:

jj

Who "should be there in the first place?" Are illegals stealing all the good rental properties with pools in the good neighborhoods? Have you been shut out by an illegal family able to pay more than you could for a desireable apartment?

Nope. Illegals are just here illegally. That is all it takes. I am not a fan of criminals.

It would take 2/3 of each house of Congress and 38/50 state legislatures, which would be impossible on any issue as divisive as this one - regardless of interest-group votes.

You mean like they did with the Bama Healthcare bill :-\/\/\

Is there a guns angle here in this guns forum? You can never find a mod when you need one.

It is simple !
It has a direct affect on voting strength for future left wing agendas that affect our 2nd Amendment. Illegal lean to the far left and thus it is relevent.

I just spent about an hour trying to get infomed on the AZ law and the oil spill and manged to learn nothing useful at all. I'm a techie so I was trying to find out about things they are trying for the spill, like what is this dome thing, how are they going to deploy it and keep it in place, what % of the oil might it capture, then what submersibles are being used and the condition of the defective cut off, forgetabout it, no info. It was just as useless trying to find info about the effects of the law in AZ.

So, it isn't all bad, I'm going to the range!

They're marching in Salem at noon, lets hope they keep it peaceful....

As one Anarchist News commenter said: "Arizona is now free game for ANY kind of resistance, this 'Germany in '36' bubblegum ain't gonna fly here. And unlike most of the time when 'anarchists attack', I think there'll be more support for us than usual. It. Is. On." But we cannot limit our scope to Arizona. Those who support and profit from SB1070 are everywhere. It is time to research, conspire, and act.

A Call to Attack SB1070 and Prisons everywhere, on and beyond May Day 2010
author: Marek A. Edelman
Let us not be melodramatic or ironic, SB1070 is some fascist bubblegum. For years now ICE has been rounding up our fellow workers, stealing them from their families, children, and communities, often regardless of their immigration status. In 2009, 380,000 people were detained in 350 facilities, and the roundups continue. Detainees are held for months, even years, in conditions often worse than prisons built for "citizens" (although many who are "legally" in the US end up there anyway). Along the US-Mexico border, defense contractors have built massive walls at the safest crossing points, forcing migrant workers to make perilous desert crossings. Many will not make it alive.

portland imc - 2010.04.29 - A Call to Attack SB1070 and Prisons everywhere, on and beyond May Day 2010

portland imc - immigration

21c89w6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is simple !
It has a direct affect on voting strength for future left wing agendas that affect our 2nd Amendment. Illegal lean to the far left and thus it is relevent.

That's because the mexicans desire the creation of Atzlan, and that requires the weakening of the USA.. which is right up your leftist's alley

For years now ICE has been rounding up our fellow workers, stealing them from their families, children, and communities, often regardless of their immigration status. In 2009, 380,000 people were detained in 350 facilities, and the roundups continue. Detainees are held for months, even years, in conditions often worse than prisons built for "citizens" (although many who are "legally" in the US end up there anyway). Along the US-Mexico border, defense contractors have built massive walls at the safest crossing points, forcing migrant workers to make perilous desert crossings. Many will not make it alive.

So, what's the problem? Excepting the bold part which is hyperbole and a lie

"No, there has GOT to be a better way to apprehend illegals than simple profiling or sobriety roadblocks. How about having to show an un-forgeable birth certificate whenever applying for any government benefit or tax refund? OR CHECKING THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF ANYONE ARRESTED FOR ANYTHING?.......................elsullo"

That's exactly what the law does. Police don't just pick people out of thin air.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/29/opinion/29kobach.html

People got to quit listening to the loons of the left. There is nothing onerous about this law once you look past the liberal hysterics.

Are you being profiled because they won't let you on an airline without ID? Or cash a check, without ID? You can't even (legally) get a job without ID.

Exactly. Frankly, I don't want to hear any more BS from people who haven't read that law. An officer first has to have probable cause (a VERY high standard) to stop someone. Any of us, upon being so stopped, will be checked for ID and it's always been that way. Profiling will NOT get you probable cause.

Even legal aliens have always been required to carry and show green cards.

I just had to produce a certified birth certificate copy and SS card at the DMV for the first time ever to renew my driver's license. Good for Oregon! I have to show ID to rent a danged motel room, write a check at the store, get on an airline, get a job, get a driver's license, even to get a hunting license or a CHL! I have to show a D/L, registration and insurance card if I'm stopped by a traffic cop.

I have to prove I'm a legal resident of the state just to get a friggin fishing license!!!

Where are people getting all of this BS? Al Sharpton?

Sorry, this part of the actual law is written in all caps and I don't feel like re-typing it. Paste:

11-1051 Section 8. E. A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, WITHOUT A WARRANT, MAY ARREST A PERSON IF THE OFFICER HAS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE PERSON HAS COMMITTED ANY PUBLIC OFFENSE THAT MAKES THE PERSON REMOVABLE FROM THE UNITED STATES.

Read the law here: Link

It prohibits profiling and just allows an officer to make an INS arrest only after stopping someone for another issue which would otherwise be normal, and with probable cause.

Do we want to properly enforce laws, or don't we?

The race card is too easy to play.

There are only three races in this world. Black, Asian and Caucasian.

Mexicans (and Arabs and Greeks and Persians and East Indians and Native Americans) are Caucasian (whites) so don't give me any race BS, and don't confuse ethnicity with race.

Let's enforce the law, kick out illegals, seal that border and protect our country. The drug gang, human smuggling, crime etc. is way out of hand.

I'm not willing to let 20 million illegals fundamentally change my country.

1/2 of all prisoners in Kalifornicate's prisons are illegals!!

The race card is too easy to play.

There are only three races in this world. Black, Asian and Caucasian.

Mexicans (and Arabs and Greeks and Persians and East Indians and Native Americans) are Caucasian (whites) so don't give me any race BS, and don't confuse ethnicity with race.

Let's enforce the law, kick out illegals, seal that border and protect our country. The drug gang, human smuggling, crime etc. is way out of hand.

I'm not willing to let 20 million illegals fundamentally change my country.

1/2 of all prisoners in Kalifornicate's prisons are illegals!!

Just did a quick web check and I couldn't fine support fo the last line, however I did find that it was almost 30% in 1995, so I bet your 50% figure is real, and that is a real powerful figure. It seem that the nation wide figure for illlegals in the penal system is about 20%. I don't know how many of them are there simply for being illegal though, and that would be a strong modifier.

However, we do know that there are about 20 million of them here, and it seems unreasonable to think that they are just going to sit still waiting for the authorities to round them up and ship them back south? If we are going to break up familes and take children away from parents thinking they will walk willingly into the cattle cars is delusional. If we do this a whole lot of people are going to die on both sides.

-snip-I don't know how many of them are there simply for being illegal though, and that would be a strong modifier.

States don't arrest and imprison people for being illegal. Even Arizona is proposing only to turn them over to INS. Those current inmates are criminals beyond illegal.

If we do this a whole lot of people are going to die on both sides.

People have already been dying on our side. It is time to get rid of them.

Exactly. Our founders and someone at Concord Bridge knew that some things are worth dying for, such as your country.

So how many of you are going to relocate and take up arms to support the fight?

Which part of the fight are you referring to? There is the fight to stop the illegals at the border, there is the political fight to MAKE the feds do their jobs, and there is the fight to get rid of the criminals who are already here.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top