JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
By Gosh 1us has a point there and I would like to vote him into office. But then I bet he wouldnt run for office and become part of the problem. Please present us with a solution to the problem instead of reporting on the already known facts.

By Gosh 1us has a point there and I would like to vote him into office. But then I bet he wouldnt run for office and become part of the problem. Please present us with a solution to the problem instead of reporting on the already known facts.

LOL. I happen to know 1us very well and he has actually been talking about running for office as of late!

I wonder what it'd say today if it could be redone....

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land.
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I wonder what it'd say today if it could be redone....

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land.
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

It's on the Statue of Liberty. Anyone still wishing to enter legally is welcome as far as I'm concerned.

That portion in bold was also made into a song by Irving Berlin - very short vid here, well worth watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc4NFmutvu8&feature=related

The problem is that there is a reason that the majority of people agree with this. It is a issue that spans across the political devide. Alot of people have personal experience with the problems of illegal immigration. You don't have to have a chart and figures in front of you to know that you were mugged by a illegal. You don't have to consult a graph if your uncle was hit by a illegal immigrant and his car as mine was months ago.

I have absolutely no problem with LEGAL CITIZENS at all. The one thing I would say is that when someone becomes a citizen here, they need to support this country and adopt it's ways as previous generations of immigrants have. It seems that some Mexican immigrants think of this as Northern Mexico. It isn't. If they want to come here and become citizens, it is to become AMERICANS. If that isn't what they want to become, then we need to bring other people in who have that desire.

I know some Mexican immigrants who are wonderful people. They learned English and came here proud to be AMERICANS. We need to find those people from whatever country and make sure they are they ones we let in.

As Pat Buchanan has penned, if enough of them come here they can (and do) set up their own independent communities, and they do not have to conform to our European culture and standards/laws. The Founders never intended us to welcome hordes of third world people into the USA

As Pat Buchanan has penned, if enough of them come here they can (and do) set up their own independent communities, and they do not have to conform to our European culture and standards/laws. The Founders never intended us to welcome hordes of third world people into the USA

Yeah, you are right. We were meant to treat all perspective immigrants equally and not block off all other countries while we let a continuous flow of Mexicans in. I guess that is more of a invasion than immigration.

Yeah, you are right. We were meant to treat all perspective immigrants equally and not block off all other countries while we let a continuous flow of Mexicans in. I guess that is more of a invasion than immigration.

Prior to the 1965 act 90% of immigrants were European types with something genuine to offer the USA whether simple hard labor or a PHD/assets

The roles are reversed now, even as far as legal immigrants, less than 10% can be Europeans. This is aside from the illegal invasion which is totally out of control

Prior to the 1965 act 90% of immigrants were European types with something genuine to offer the USA whether simple hard labor or a PHD/assets

The roles are reversed now, even as far as legal immigrants, less than 10% can be Europeans. This is aside from the illegal invasion which is totally out of control

Really? I had no idea that was the case. Immigrants should be considered without regard for their country of origin. That is crap and extremely racist.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads