Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Axel Raven Co Inc

Discussion in 'Washington Reviews' started by Northwest Firearms, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms Pacific Northwest Site Maintenance

2. Bg357

Bg357 Idaho New Member

I just discovered Axel Raven recently and was very pleasantly surprised.
    For starters, they had Glenn Beck on FoxNews over the counter, so they can't be bad guys.:thumbup:

The shop was neat & clean, if a little sparse. I got the impression that they had only recently arrived at this location, so that might explain the sparse retail space. They have a pretty large selection of pistols for a small shop, a good selection of assault rifles, and even a couple grenade launchers.:gun12: They advertise the sale of silencers, but I only saw one or two on display. Maybe they have more on hand, I didn't ask.

Axel Raven (who has a name like that? :confused:) and his staff were very friendly and attentive to their customers, better than a lot of shops I've seen. Prices weren't too bad, but a little high for my taste. They may be reasonable compared to their competition, but I'm a price shopper, so I'm a little more critical than some might be. The ammo prices I saw were much higher than I would pay.

Two negatives:
    They're website leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think they've put much effort into it, at least I hope not.:eek:
    They need some air conditioning in the shop, at least when it's 98 degrees outside. It was sweltering in there!:eek:

Overall, it was a great shop, and I'll definitely stop by again.

3. --cypher--

--cypher-- Hillyard, WA New Member

The given address is a block or two from my house but it is too cold to walk so I drove...

All I found was a stoner shop that sells bongs and dope, a cantina, and some place that will wash your dog. Nothing about guns anywhere near that intersection.

I remember the sign that used to hang there though, I always wanted to stop by. What gives?

4. Bg357

Bg357 Idaho New Member

Axel Raven is located at 2103 N. Division, the listing on this site is inaccurate.
    The sign you recalled seeing was probably at the pawn shop on the 4100 block of Division... don't know if it's still there.

5. Matt45

Matt45 SE SPOKANE COUNTY New Member

Off the top, anyone that rates this place any more than "Fair" either works there, and is a buddy of Axels'.

I bought my first NFA item here, 3+ years back. Transaction seemed to go smooth enough, another buddy of mine did an identical transaction two days later. I was told, 3 months, give or take for the paperwork to make a round trip. OK, fine, I can deal with anything as I have the info.

2 months later my buddy calls, his transaction is complete, he has a new toy in hand. I place a call...and speak to "Charlie", Axel's lifelong pal and "employee" Uhhh I dunno...call Axel later. Three days of this, I finally go in. Axel looks, finds my item. (It's been here for 3 weeks) and takes an hour to find my paperwork. (Oops!?)

I finally get out the door 2 hours later. As it turns out, through the grapevine I hear from 2 seperate sources that "Charlie" has been screwing things up all along.

Cypher...That head shop is the old location. A/R was *just* on the other side, where the dog washing place is. His *Current* location is closer to downtown now. He has about the same amount of toys in 5 times the sq footage last time I was in there.

At any rate, if you DO deciede to chat him up, prepare yourself for some of Spokane's most bizarre "Constitutionalist" talk. Ask Axel if he thinks the Constitution was written by Criminals for Criminals? That should be enough to get him started.

Caveat Emptor.
    [/OldLadyGossip]I was also told that he had to pay a bill to the local supply warehouse (G&W) in ammunition to "get right" with them, but could not verify that either way.[/OldLadyGossip]