JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There has been some great thunder and lightning in the Hillsboro area for the last few minutes.

I LOVE IT!!!

I grew up in Kansas and one of the things I miss most is the powerful thunder storms they have back there.

Looking at the sky right now, if I were back in Kansas I would be headed for the basement...............after I spotted the funnel cloud.

I was seeing/hearing it too about an hour ago in Vancouver!

I remember seeing some amazing lightning storms in The Dalles in the gorge. All of the lightning ran horizontally across the sky. It w as amazing. Strike after strike after strike. Every 2-3 seconds for hours.

On my last break at work, I pointed out the clouds to a co-worker, and said I wanted to be in the valley tonight. :( The clouds were boiling big and tall. That's the one thing I hate about living on the coast. We just don't get the lighting shows like the valley gets. We get a few random hits here and there. But that's it. The best one I ever saw, I was crossing the Ross Island Bridge, and I looked to the south just as I saw a bolt go streaking across the sky. At the very same second, all the lights in Portland went out!!

There has been some great thunder and lightning in the Hillsboro area for the last few minutes.

I LOVE IT!!!

I grew up in Kansas and one of the things I miss most is the powerful thunder storms they have back there.

Looking at the sky right now, if I were back in Kansas I would be headed for the basement...............after I spotted the funnel cloud.

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

It was pretty cool, but it did freak the cat out considerably. Heavy rain, then hail, then more heavy rain. I mentioned that it looked almost like tornado season.

Though I think the best thunderstorm I watched was a number of years ago on the northern Outer Banks islands in North Carolina, just north of Kitty Hawk. The lightning was so fast and furious that it looked like the red carpet on Oscar night. Even better, it was night.

elsie

I had just started to mow the lawn when it hit. Cant stop now. If my neighbours didnt think I was crazy before I am sure they do now.
Good times. lol

Some pics of the storm!

DSCN1712.jpg

DSCN1714.jpg

DSCN1723.jpg

I'm on the other side of town in Clackamas but yeah, yesterday's storm was great! I grew up in Vietnam so one of the things I miss the most were the monsoons and thunderstorms. We haven't had a good thunderstorm over here in a while, I thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top