JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was at my LGS this AM that I frequent on a regular basis, picking up a couple of Glocks I had ordered. Got there when they first opened, and had my paperwork done and in the queue, placed at #10, so about a 10-15 minute wait.

While I was waiting, three completely separate unconnected groups came in- one family(husband/wife/2kids), one mid 20s female accompanied by a 60's something year old couple(could have been her parents or grandparents), and a solo female. All three women were there to buy their first ever gun, and all were very eager and interested in learning as much as they could. The counter staff were great as usual, very patient and helpful, and spent as much time as each needed reviewing options, figuring out what might work best for them and be a good fit- not trying to just sell the something that wouldnt work for them to make a buck. As i was standing there out of the way waiting for my CBC to clear, I couldnt help but be impressed as what I was seeing! It was a pretty awesome sight, and one that I hope we are seeing more and more often- new shooters getting interested in defending themselves and the sport overall, and also not just more dudes! ;-). Anyways, couldn't help but post, and if anyone else has seen similar incidents of first time gun buyers would love to hear it! The stats tell us that there are a lot of new first time gun buyers out there, including lots of female first time buyers, but this was the first time I was able to really witness it first hand. Awesome!

I was helping an older lady friend purchase her first revolver yesterday and she was somewhat dismayed that it might take over 21 days to receive her vintage S&W .38 Chief's Special since there was over 6,000 bgc's cued ahead of her.

A female coworker of mine and her husband both bought their first handgun recently. They are in their 50's. They also took good full day basic gun safety class which included range time. They have filed the paperwork for their CHL. Reason was all the civil unrest has them concerned for their safety. They have been to the range a few times since and are really enjoying it. Already talking about what gun to buy next. I told her to get a shot gun for HD. Also recommended some follow up training.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top