JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nope! Only good for polar shift!
LOL!!! Thanks 'Docks, lots of info, really well laid out.
I printed out one of the disaster supply lists for young neighbors with a new infant. No one had told them about the ice storms that we are subject to here at the mouth of the Columbia Gorge! They are most grateful!

You folks are welcome!!!!

yesterday, I spent Two Hours in Junction City using their WiFi, downloaded nearly 3 GigaBytes from them, and although I would consider myself ~well informed~ On LED issues, I found stuff that I will be Fine Tooth Combing over... On just LED's !!!!

i spent the day, organizing my LED stuff, and making 2 12 VDC Lamps... Both from stuff I had 'kicking around' bought last year, lost three times, and now in use, as I write this, in 12 VDC LIGHT!!!

philip,
in the BoonDocks, we have not lost power yet... But winter has not ~Really~ Hit us, not that winter is the only time lights go out....

the Day I moved in, I had a lightening Strike, June First.... And that was a pole on my property!!!!

Nice, thanks, I used to save these sorts of files on CDs and now of course thumb drives

We have been without power 3 x and once was in an old farm house tht the owner had stripped of it's wood stove.. I had to heat water on a burn barrel, 14 days below freezing after an ice storm

Nice, thanks, I used to save these sorts of files on CDs and now of course thumb drives

We have been without power 3 x and once was in an old farm house tht the owner had stripped of it's wood stove.. I had to heat water on a burn barrel

I was thinking about storing these on a thumb drive, and probably will, but in a situation where you might need this stuff, you may not have access to a working computer. Maybe I'll pay them into my Nook ebook reader, it can open PDF files and I have a hand crank generator that I can charge it up with. Yeah, I think I'll do that.

How about a spare working printer, lots of ink and paper and a way to load a drive or Cd to it via say USB? Also, yes a spare notepad device with a way to solar charge it.. and note that almost every home has a working computer, lots of them will be free for the taking if there's a large population loss. All you need is a way to power it

Yeah, powering it is the hard part. Finding an operable computer is easy, but using it might not be. That's why I'm leaning towards my ebook reader. Light on battery usage, easy to carry around, and much easier to power with alternative means like solar and crank generators. A pc or laptop will need much more power and not last as long.

Solar panel and a battery with an inverter is all you need. I have many ways to make power, not the worst of which are Korean era hand crank radio generators with tripod seat. The whole set breaks down and goes in a pack

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top