JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm sharing this link with you guys and I included my Amazon review of it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075W41C5R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This range bag is awesome. I just bought a second one and may buy a third. The zippers are smooth, sturdy and the pulls are easy to grab. It's got great storage for spent brass, ear pro and eyewear. It has 7 pouches on each side for pistol mags and the main pocket is spacious. I have nothing negative to say about this product.

Nice looking bag...

Last year for Father's Day my oldest daughter surprised me with this...
5.11® Range Ready™ Bag : Cabela's

Very usable, carries the handguns, ammo, magazines, cleaning supplies, tool kit's, staple gun and staples, ear plugs, ear muffs.... Just about everything necessary for a successful day at the range and is discreet to boot...
It's not a competition, well ok yeah it is. The Osage bag has it beat, same size and 1/3 the price.

Thanks for the tip OP.

I was going to order one but then I came to the realization that I think I already have one...

So, I looked in the closet and sure enough there it was. Only thing though, it used to be called a "camera bag." The only thing that keeps me from using it is that I'm not sure if it is a "tactical" camera bag.

LOL

I totally agree with @gunfreak
I've had that very same bag for a couple years now IMGP0251.JPG
(only mine says IMGP0250.JPG )
and agree with its effectiveness and sturdiness of construction.
The only drawback I have with it is Me, as I'm finding its getting harder to lift when full at my age and physical condition.
Nonetheless, some tools, Binoculars, rangefinder, Knife sharpening stone, water filter straw, hearing protector, clean tools, and a few other things permanently reside in it, along with a sturdy cardboard liner I made which maintains its shape and has inside space between the liner and the bag for hunt fish reg.'s , targets and such from getting wadded up. IMGP0252.JPG

Thanks for the tip OP.

I was going to order one but then I came to the realization that I think I already have one...

So, I looked in the closet and sure enough there it was. Only thing though, it used to be called a "camera bag." The only thing that keeps me from using it is that I'm not sure if it is a "tactical" camera bag.

LOL
Of course its tactical. Just as soon as you load it up.
Just go watch a few minutes of Jason Bourne. We make the bag tactical.
Unless its pink or purple. Then keep it in the closet.

You'll notice a lot of these bags are virtually identical because the same factory in China or Southeast Asia is making them and then the corresponding retailer (5.11 or Midway) put's their name on it and up-charges for the identical bag.

For example the 5.11 bag listed earlier is identical to the Midway USA Range bag including the brass bag and the removable carry item:

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag Coyote

Edit to add: You'll see a lot of continuity across 5.11, MidwayUSA, LA Police Gear, Bulldog cases etc

You'll notice a lot of these bags are virtually identical because the same factory in China or Southeast Asia is making them and then the corresponding retailer (5.11 or Midway) put's their name on it and up-charges for the identical bag.

For example the 5.11 bag listed earlier is identical to the Midway USA Range bag including the brass bag and the removable carry item:

Edit to add: You'll see a lot of continuity across 5.11, MidwayUSA, LA Police Gear, Bulldog cases etc

I ordered the competition range bag from MidwayUSA years ago now. I like how many loaded handgun magazines I can put in it.

I'm sharing this link with you guys and I included my Amazon review of it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075W41C5R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks, I do love Amazon and I do need a new bag, one is now in my cart. I have been using a backpack made to hold a laptop for many years. It was NOT made for what I am using it for of course and it's taking a toll on it. Like this one much better! Will be fun loading it up and should only take a couple trips to learn were all the little stuff is. That is the biggest problem with the damn back pack I have been using. Often takes a lot of looking to get at stuff I know is in there when I need it.

I also ordered a Midway Bag, the Compact Competition Range Bag (that has been discontinued). It is just right for me, not too big nor small, seems well made and has held up nicely, and holds a lot of magazines as mentioned earlier. Too bad it was discontinued. I love mine and it always received near perfect reviews.

MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag Black

When I ordered mine in 2014 I did quite a bit of research and noticed that many were VERY similar. I went with the Midway over other brands primarily due to cost. Got it for less than $30. Money well spent...…

That said, I may have to order one of these. It looks like a good bag for multi-purpose use. Size dimensions and storage compartments/capacity make it a nice option as an under-the-seat bag when travelling by air.

I
That said, I may have to order one of these. It looks like a good bag for multi-purpose use. Size dimensions and storage compartments/capacity make it a nice option as an under-the-seat bag when travelling by air.

I was thinking the same thing, after I get the first one to make sure will get another for travel. One warning here. I would very much recommend anyone wanting to use one for that, buy one that is never used for the range. MANY use a bag for travel that is used for range. Many are the stories of getting to the TSA and have them find something you forgot was there. It is a HUGE hassle if it happens. One guy I worked with it was a full mag. He flew out of SEA-TAC, they missed it. He was coming back in AZ, and all of a sudden here come the boys in Blue. Take him to a back room, ask is this your bag? Then show him the mag. They let it go with all kinds of warnings and you can bet he is now flagged for his next trip or 10. Cheaper to just keep the ones for the range as only for the range.

Yes when also put some loaded AR magazines in it. I also keep some extra ammunition in the two front zippered pockets too.

I don't carry ammo in it anymore. I generally have designated it my "rifle shooting" bag and I keep the range finder, kestrel, and dope book in it along with some tools and a binder of copies of my Tax stamps for SBR/suppressors. Ammo goes in an ammo can, and rifle in it's case. That way I only need to throw a suppressor in it when I go rifle shooting.

Much easier on my shoulder and the longevity of the bag!

You are correct. Do note, however, that there is an "original" of this bag. The Midway bag, 5.11, etc., are all knockoffs of the Shooters Connection Tournament Pro bag. And the bag is an absolute tank...and a hell of a bargain even at $100. If you just shoot recreationally once a month, you may do fine with one of the knockoffs. But if you shoot professionally, or often, or just want a bag that will last a good long time, get the original SC bag.

Do note that it is a VERY big bag and you can easily load it beyond what is pleasant to carry.

Shooters Connection Tournament Series Shooting Bag PRO II

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads