Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Awesome deal on Canon Safe at Costco.com

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by artifactr, May 12, 2011.

1. artifactr

artifactr Seattle, WA Member

This is a really good deal for a big safe. They had a similar deal a couple years ago when I got my safe and I've been really happy with it. For those of you on a budget (who isn't?) Shipping cost is included!! Costco.com

$799.99 Shipping Included
    Cannon Safe
    SC6040 Wide Body 48
    Firearm Safe
    585 lbs., 30 Minute Fire Protection Safe w/ Electronic Lock, 33 Cubic Ft.

Here's the link: Costco - Cannon Safe SC6040 Wide Body 48 Firearm Safe

2. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Any suggestions on a moving company to install from the end of the driveway into the home. I think it best not to inform the neighbors of what is being moved into the home.

3. lmmmmm

lmmmmm Seattle Member

i think if you hit the driver up he will help you move it into the garage ... inside the house is a different matter.

im holding out for the bighorn 6039EL.

4. Bigbaddude

Bigbaddude West linn Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I got one about a year ago came on a small pallet in a brown box. The guy brought right in to the garage on a pallet jack it only took two people to move it with hand truck used to move fridge. It's a nice safe a little small didn't hold as many firearms as it said filled up fast.

5. artifactr

artifactr Seattle, WA Member

Yea it's movable with two guys and an appliance dolly. The driver actually moved mine into the garage for me and helped me set it in place.

6. NUCLEARMJ

NUCLEARMJ Lafayette/Hillsboro Member

Anyone know why they would call that a 48 gun safe? it looks like you could get max 10 rifles in there which would leave you room for 38 hand guns? It never makes any sense how they come up with these supposed numbers

7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Used gun sales are like used guns, people are very proud of them and want top dollar. The Canon DELIVERED for $799 isn't the greatest safe but it is a **** of a deal. Look on Craiglist for an idea of what people want for their junk safes, ridiculous. At least this safe can be resold easily for $600 or so down the road.

8. satinwood

satinwood Portland Member

For you guys that own one, how many rifles have you been able to put in yours?

9. tkdguy

Ths Canon Safe is $799 but comparisons against Liberty Safes or others raises some concerns. This safe is 12 guage steel and not 10. No locking bolts on the top or bottow of the door with internal hinges that the safe can only be opened to 90 degrees. Is this $799 worth it or should it be necessary to go the distance and spend more for something more substantial. Or will this do the job? This is reported to be a 48 gun safe so there are alot of assets to potentially protect. What does your research suggest or what do you all suggest. Thanks.

10. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

It makes perfect sense how they figure the numbers.

The ad clearly states that it will fit UP TO 48 guns.
    You could do a booklet full of the different combinations of weapons that the safe will fit, and that seems to be what you'd like.
    Instead of page after page of:
    -This safe will accommodate 32 compact pistols, 1 large revolver, and 4 mid sized rifles
    OR
    -This safe will accommodate 28 large frame revolvers, one hunting rifle, and a box of ammo
    OR
    -This safe will accommodate 14 full sized pistols, 4 small rifles, 1 large rifle, and a small humidor.
    OR
    -This safe will accommodate 13 small rifles, a box of primers, and a flashlight
    etc etc etc.

Instead of all of that, they picked a small to standard sized weapon and calculated how many of that weapon the safe will hold.

The safe fits up to 48 guns. If you have small enough weapons, you can fit up to 48 of them inside the safe. Choosing larger weapons means less will fit.

That safe will probably accommodate 48 glock 19's with the right shelving. If you are looking for a safe to accommodate 48 ar15's with beta mags attached, you will want to look elsewhere.

To further drive this point home, i'll throw in another example.

If I have a drink refrigerator that can hold 48 12oz cans of miscellaneous drinks, It is considered a 48 drink refrigerator. Now, if someone tries to fill it with 48 mini kegs, obviously they wont fit.

Or, if we switched that around a bit and used YOUR math. If someone tried to fill my 48 drink refrigerator with 38 12oz cans and 10 mini kegs, they still wouldnt fit.

11. tkdguy

Can any one recommend brands and stores in the Portland, Oregon area that sell gun safes? Thanks.

12. GoFish

GoFish Portland, Or New Member

I would look at Bi-Mart. They have lots of them in the Halsey store.

13. conp435

conp435 woodinville Active Member

48 10/22s 25 ar15 types

14. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Be prepared to re-work all of the shelves and racks inside if you are into AR's. AR's with optics and other goodies eat up a lot of space.
    You will also need to install lighting and a damp chaser.

Jack

15. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

One of my "problems" is that the safe would have to go in the basement so if we ever had a fire the safe would have to take a lot of heat for a longer time. Most of the cheaper safes don't have a high enough fire rating.

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
    Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
    John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collector member
    South West Washington Arms Collector member

16. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There is a guy named Charlie selling safes in Boring, Oregon, called "Mountain View Safes" 503-706-7347.
    He has the best prices I have found without the fancy stenciled name across the front.

17. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I think there would be less of a problem there than in the rest of the house, as heat rises and any water would flood the basement.
    It's asking for trouble to store powder and ammunition in a safe though, as you would be creating a bomb.

18. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

What he said +1

19. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

20. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Snapsafe is a nice setup because installing/moving an 'assembled' safe is so difficult. It is kind of small, and at 300lbs? could be carted off by thieves. Much better than no safe at all though, that is for sure. Kudos on the marketing and the idea. Great for people that live in apts or small homes too.

Edit - since they can be bolted down I think I am sold on this for a bedroom safe - good find RB87.