JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few years ago I noticed, what I assumed to be a young kid, on a motorcycle acting erratically in front of me. He pulled up behind a line of cars in a left turn lane, the light in his lane was red. He then started looking over his right shoulder. As I approached the intersection at 45mph on a green light the motorcycle rider decided he didn't want to wait for the light. Pulled into my lane directly in front of me and didn't move. I don't know if he missed a shift, the bike stalled, or what happened. From the way he was riding I was expecting something stupid like this and slammed on my brakes coming to a stop inches from him being a pancake. The guy took off probably scared out of his mind. Unfortunately the truck behind me wasn't paying attention and rear ended me. Luckily everyone was ok but the X-Terra was totaled.

That's a hard one to put a "like" on.

I'm amazed how many people are walking around completely unaware of what's going on around them. Staring at iphones aside (one kid I saw daylight was almost flattened by a propane truck, walking against a green light on a 4 laner), women don't seem to be checking things out well, or at least conveying the right stance and attitude. One night I was in a mall parking lot waiting for someone to get off their shift and was swivel heading around the lot. I noticed a guy about 4 rows over across the entrance road moving oddly for being inside his truck. There was a movie theater close and as people were exiting he was watching them, then focused with binoculars on a group of women straggling out after most of the people had left. Totally sketchy. I drove by them and said hey, there's a weirdo over in that truck watching you. I think they thought I was the weirdo...pulled into the guy's parking row and drove slowly down while eyeballing him to give a message and he hightailed it.
People assume a right to enter and enjoy public spaces without danger - the truth is that those public spaces can become dangerous very quickly. Never assume everything is "just fine". Scan upon exiting and entering the car, a store, your home, before pulling up tight behind someone at a stoplight. It ain't that hard and could save your life.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top