JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Hindery his views on the reform of gun laws and he said: "I believe in appropriate restrictions--that's just my personal view." "

I believe in appropriate freedoms, M.F.

I am not 100% sure we should judge an organization based on who owns it. He may be the financer, but does he have control over content? I don't consume either of the products listed, but I don't think I would cancel them until the content was impacted.

I am not 100% sure we should judge an organization based on who owns it. He may be the financer, but does he have control over content? I don't consume either of the products listed, but I don't think I would cancel them until the content was impacted.

I'm happy to see your not 100% sure, that means there might be wiggle room.
If you were to attempt disambiguation of the financier aspect of his connection to magazines I enjoy, your mind could wander upon unanswered question like; while he may not directly control the content he controls the purse strings, does he not profit? What does he do with those profits? " I don't think I would cancel them until the content was impacted" Does anyone remember Mr. Metcalf* of where? Oh yah, Guns and ammo. Regardless of the subtly, is there a connection? I can't help thinking it is very odd how that portion of the connection window; is now wiped clean. The view is disconcerting.
Confrontation, finger pointing, accusations, will only inflame ones ire and evoke a "stand your ground" attitude. What better way to effect change than to infiltrate, comfort and distract, then destroy from within. Can you not see it in our morals, our politics, our monetary system, our speech, our schools? Cancer starts with a single morphing cell within, usually growing very slow at first, left unchecked, you know as well as I what will happen.
I loan (fictitious) Fred 10,000 dollars @ double market interest because I know Fred's a shady character and he can't get it anywhere else. I don't care what Fred does with it as long as I get my money back with interest. Fred buys a van and kidnap children. Did I, or did I not help Fred?
By your own words of not "having control over the content" is exactly the excuse used, and why so far, our president has not been held accountable for exactly nothing!
Just one ad for the sale a "smart gun" would also cause me to reject the magazine dear to me, if asking them to remove it was uneventful, as to me, it signals the tide is slowly changing.
Hard? Yes! But I refuse to "look the other way because it does not affect me".
If you find validity of any of these legal vernaculars; Complicit, Aiding and abetting, Giving comfort to the enemy, money laundering, then you must also apply it to the associated products of this man for directly or indirectly, surely it facilitates all aspects of his personal and business life. And by extension, will affect ours.
Though risking perceived as verbose, (likely too late) whether by intrinsic mental debate based on further research or consensus of your pears I'm hoping I've caused you to re evaluate the "not sure 100%" concept.
Alone you are nothing. Collectively, we are the entity. Dick Metcalf* knows it.

*Regardless of intent, of his career altering article, It is my opine, he crossed the line.

Indirectly I DO HAVE CONTROL . . . If I can put this clown out of business by not spending my money with him!!!!
BigStick apparently does not know the enemy very well.
Sheldon

I understand the enemy quite well. So what happens when George Soros or Bloomberg or some other rich would-be emperor identifies our patern of killing the wounded in our ranks, and then uses their money and influence to go around buying up just enough control or stake in companies that support us, let it slip to the media, and then sit back and watch us wage their war for them?

Money talks, and we can't always control who buys and sells companies. We are giving them a blueprint on how to destroy the firearms industry and community from within. Force in fighting and self-destruction, and then laugh as our intensity and blind hate cause us to detroy ourselves.

I'm not saying I will continue to support Guns and Ammo, or the Sportsmans Channel, I'm just not jumping on the BOYCOT EVERYTHING!!! bandwagon without evaluating the whole of the sittuation.

I'm just not jumping on the BOYCOT EVERYTHING!!! bandwagon without evaluating the whole of the sittuation.
That's rather the key to it, "Evaluating the situation" and I concur. Knee jerk reactions are trouble personified.
This Guns and Ammo fiscal issue, along with Dick Metcalf's disappointing fence walk is providing me enough food for thought to choke on. Things like this seem straight forward and relative easy to conclude a course of action while I definitely struggle with more perplexing issues like who are my retirement investments funding. Since they are small but many they must surly touch organizations I would not be proud of. Some stable and lucrative producers like dollar stocks actually support a mindboggling array of investments border lining on too many to count and to exacerbate any chance of decision making constantly change the investment lineup. Still, I do the best I can, where I can, and feel comfortable enough to let my God be the judge. I hope others follow your course of action BigStick and make decisions based on self research and thought, rather than what you, I, buddies, or their momma says.

No matter what restrictions they achieve regarding weapons, it will never be enough. 10-round mags and BG checks did absolutely nothing in Santa Barbara.

So then what? 5 round mags and polygraphs, then what, single-shot pistols that are kept in the PD lockers? Once that proves idiotic, then what? Like England, banning butcher knives? Then what? Baseball bats! Those are instruments for striking things, they gotta go.

No matter what they may get as far as restricting items and styles and capacities it will never be good enough because they are going after the wrong thing, like blaming the tires for the holes in the road.

We might as well get used to the concept, that as long as people are maladjusted, undiagnosed and steeped in a violent culture, the occasional byproduct is going to be violence, and there are those who are irrevocably bent on blaming the instruments -instead of the players- for the crappy music they make.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top