JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Down at the range this morning having some fun. got home and field stripped the shotguns and pistols that we used.

Put my buddies M&P back together and then lubed and reassembled my Springfield XD9 Tactical. Racked the slide, it slid forward a little and then it jammed! WTF!? Appears that the barrel somehow slid forward and now the feed ramp is jammed ahead of the metal that usually sits below the breach block.

So I guess I have to find someone who might have a clue how to put this thing right! As we say in the UK 'bugger'!

Pictures to follow

View attachment 194863

I bought a used gun that had a dent in the feed ramp from this.

it's gonna have to come off the same way it went on.....slide forward.

I would shoot it with penetrant oil and and chill the barrel chamber ( ice cube?) after I put the whole gun under a light bulb for a few hours to heat up the slide

hot slide will expand and a cold barrel will shrink

Best of luck

ah craaaap indeed! here we go now :rolleyes: :D

Not going there....

Dropped off the pistol at Rapid Fire in Sandy (bought it from Brian some time back) It's off to other locals see if there is anything that can be done....and if it comes back looking like a Glock, SIG or any other brand....i'll be a little worried....I like the XD(just don't tell my P226 that).

While I do in fact love my Glock, and carry it daily, I like several guns better. My Beretta 92FS has more personality, a Kimber 1911 is a whole lot of pretty, and the S&W M&P is feels better in my hand than damn near anything else I've picked up. But I still carry a Glock, and I recommend that everyone own at least one.

No need for a Death Star(everyone is asking too much for them nowadays, i'll wait till the piston version comes out and buy new), Glock, replacement Sig or other brand....apparently my XD is back with Brian and Rapid Fire Arms and functioning normally!

I'm amazed, but also really pleased....the gun came through Davidsons, and it appears they honored the warrantee.....and took a hammer to it! Yep really...that's all it took. I'm intrigued to find out exactly where the aforementioned hammer was applied...but it looks like I'm back in business. I thought I was so screwed on this one!!

I'm going to have a trigger job done on it while it's still over there in Sandy....so when it comes back...i'll be good to go!

The thread lives.....and back on topic. I picked up the XD on saturday and managed to get out to the range this afternoon to see how it all went.

I had Brian put in in the Powder River trigger job while he had it at the store and I have to say....i'm glad that I did that too.

The gun functions perfectly, there are no obvious signs of the barrel jamming in the slide. The trigger job is definately worth it too. I was getting a much better grouping with the pistol and it seems I am not having to snatch at the trigger as much. So overall, I'm happy that the gun lives, and I can also shoot it better! Not a bad ending after all.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top