JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a friend who just went through wrecking his 2011 Chevy one ton duramax. The first offer from the insurance company was $14,000. After fighting with the adjuster for a week the he was told he would get $18,000 but that was all he would ever get. He took it several steps up the food chain and kept fighting. Took a couple months but he ended up with a tad over $37,000 for the truck. Over double what they first offered

This was not a good start to my Wednesday:

View attachment 349902

A fellow ran a red light, then ran into me, knocking me into a street light steel pole.

Something similar happened to me 2 yrs ago:

View attachment 349903

Oh wellllll....defecation occurs.

I am fine, just a bit sore here and there.
Is that a Dodge? Looks like a Dodge.
I have wrecked or been in an accident with every Dodge I have owned.
Just say no to Dodge
Friends don't let....you know:D

Sucks Bud! Glad you are not banged up too bad! Now is the perfect time to get a "real truck";) Like a Durumax! Hope everything works out without too much hassle! Dealing with ins is a PITA for sure!

The insurance adjuster called this afternoon. The truck will be written off as a total lost due to severe damage to the frame on the passenger side.

Now comes the negotiations over valuation. Crap...

The insurance adjuster called this afternoon. The truck will be written off as a total lost due to severe damage to the frame on the passenger side.

Now comes the negotiations over valuation. Crap...
Remember they should give you replacement cost.
As they know the book has little to do with the value on some vehicles.
Find some high dollar lots with these trucks over priced. Then find the one that is closest to your truck.
Good luck with these blood sucking parasites

Hope it all works out, Sucks to be sure. I got my F-350 Diesel totaled the second year I owned it, was a sad day. Fought and fought with the insurance co, finally had to go to court and the Judge ruled in my favor, SIX months later:mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for all the well wishes, folks.

I'm fine. Just a bit sore in a few places but no injuries, headaches or busted pieces. I am headed for the doctor's office today. My wife is a Licensed Massage Therapist so I have that angle covered.

At this point I am just really curious about what they are gonna do with the Ram. Fix it or junk it?
I would be hoping for a new truck. With that much damage it will never be 100% again even if it is fixed. Some squeaks or rattles will remain, or the brakes will act funny or the wheel bearings will drone or God knows what.

Plus it will be a hard sell at trade in time, because lots of folks won't even consider a vehicle without a clean Carfax.

BTW glad you are okay.

I went to the salvage yard and retrieved my personal gear + some of the surviving accessories. I left some takeoff tires and wheels with them as they will do the tire and wheel swap in their shop, then I can come get them.

Hell, it looks even worse in the light of day.

20170322_172603_zpsptv718av.jpg

616_zpssrbauy17.jpg

20170324_141338_zpsb1wyebhf.jpg

I noticed the inside at the rear of the cab on the passenger side was wet. The rocker hit by the rear of the Ford sprung the door and tweaked the body.

619_zps3wzddjvn.jpg

This is what 10 inches of horizontal frame deflection looks like:

20170324_130357_zps78esgc23.jpg

Once a settlement is reached with respects to value, and the check has been issued, I'll work on a deal to get a new Ram, with a little bit different color and a Cummins. This is the one I'll be looking for a deal on:

60128313_zpsc29baowi.jpg

Glad you're ok
I've had three near misses this week thanks to idiots yapping on their cell phones - that "oh bubblegume!" feeling when you think you are about to get tagged is a feeling I can do without for a while.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top