JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Status
@Ringo is there a particular member with an offensive avatar? If so, you can click "Report" on the profile so we have some idea of who you are talking about. (There's almost 60K members on this site at the present.)

Would you be happier if it was a crayon?

SPEECH IS ONE THING... BUT AN AVATAR OF A GOLF CLUB STICKING OUT OF AN UNZIPPED PAIR OF JEANS ??? PLEASE... SOMEONE HAS TO DO GROWN UP...
That thing looks like it is dang near 5 feet long…..
WHAT TYPE OF SITE IS THIS ??? YOU CAN'T QUESTION A PERSON ABOUT THE PRICE OF AN ITEM BUT PUTTING UP AVATARS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SITE FOR ALL KIDS TO SEE IS ACCEPTABLE ???
Didn't know this was a site for kids.

THERE'S NOT MUCH WE CAN DO WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT AVATAR IS IN QUESTION.

EDITED: FOUND IT. PRETTY TAME ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.

@Ringo is there a particular member with an offensive avatar? If so, you can click "Report" on the profile so we have some idea of who you are talking about. (There's almost 60K members on this site at the present.)
HELLO, LOOK AT YOUR STAFF MEMBERS RESPONSE... WHEN SOMEONE POST AN AVATAR IT'S NOT REVIEWED ??? IT'S PLAIN TO SEE THESE PEOPLE CAN'T CONTROL THEMSELVES... HOW CAN I SIT DOWN WITH A YOUNG PERSON AND SCROLL THROUGH THIS SITE ???

HELLO, LOOK AT YOUR STAFF MEMBERS RESPONSE... WHEN SOMEONE POST AN AVATAR IT'S NOT REVIEWED ??? IT'S PLAIN TO SEE THESE PEOPLE CAN'T CONTROL THEMSELVES... HOW CAN I SIT DOWN WITH A YOUNG PERSON AND SCROLL THROUGH THIS SITE ???

The avatar in question is from a member that is BARELY active and pretty much only posts in the classifieds. It is also NOT explicit and couldn't be rated any higher than PG-13. Since NWFA and guns in general aren't marketed for young children I personally think it's fine but it's up to @Joe Link to decide.

THERE'S NOT MUCH WE CAN DO WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT AVATAR IS IN QUESTION.

EDITED: FOUND IT. PRETTY TAME ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.
TAME ??? HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT TO KIDS ??? YOU WANT TO GET PEOPLE INTERESTED IN SHOOTING ??? IF PEOPLE CAN'T CONTROL THEIR ACTIONS, SOMEONE HAS TO DO ADULT... YOU USE THE PHRASE, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED... IT DOESN'T SEEM TO ME YOU'VE CONSIDERED "ALL" THINGS... BIDEN SAID THE SAME THING WHEN HE PULLED OUT OF AFGHANISTAN AND GOT THOSE 13 HEROES KILLED...
SEMPER FI

The avatar in question is from a member that is BARELY active and pretty much only posts in the classifieds. It is also NOT explicit and couldn't be rated any higher than PG-13. Since NWFA and guns in general aren't marketed for young children I personally think it's fine but it's up to @Joe Link to decide.
IF YOU THINK THIS IS FINE, I'M GLAD YOU'RE NOT SITTING HERE TRYING TO FIND A YOUNG PERSONS FIRST RIFLE...

IF YOU THINK THIS IS FINE, I'M GLAD YOU'RE NOT SITTING HERE TRYING TO FIND A YOUNG PERSONS FIRST RIFLE...

I tagged Joe Link to make the final decision.....as I already stated in my post.

And if you are that fired up about it, why not message him directly?

TAME ??? HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT TO KIDS ??? YOU WANT TO GET PEOPLE INTERESTED IN SHOOTING ??? IF PEOPLE CAN'T CONTROL THEIR ACTIONS, SOMEONE HAS TO DO ADULT... YOU USE THE PHRASE, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED... IT DOESN'T SEEM TO ME YOU'VE CONSIDERED "ALL" THINGS... BIDEN SAID THE SAME THING WHEN HE PULLED OUT OF AFGHANISTAN AND GOT THOSE 13 HEROES KILLED...
SEMPER FI

And comparing my post to what Biden said? I GUARANTEE you wouldn't say that to my face so why post it here? You don't know me, you're not my friend or otherwise so maybe reconsider your insults.

And barely that. I've seen many others that that COULD be regarded as much more offensive (by some that is)
THEN THAT MAKES IT OK ??? IS THIS NOT A SITE TO SHOP AND TALK ABOUT GUNS AND GUN RIGHTS ??? FRIEND OF MINE CAME OVER WITH HIS 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER TO FIND HER A 22 RIFLE... WHEN SHE ASKED, WHY IS THAT AVATAR UP THERE ??? WHAT WAS HE SUPPOSED TO SAY ???

WHAT TYPE OF SITE IS THIS ??? YOU CAN'T QUESTION A PERSON ABOUT THE PRICE OF AN ITEM BUT PUTTING UP AVATARS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SITE FOR ALL KIDS TO SEE IS ACCEPTABLE ???
The only thing you've got right in this thread is the first two words: Free Speech. This is Joe Link's house and there are rules - when those rules are broken the content is reviewed.

As an FYI - questioning someone about a price is NOT unacceptable. It's fine. Even more so when OP says "or best offer." Posting "would you take $80" on a listing for a $100 item is fine. Saying "hey yo bimart had that for $80 you're a rip" is not. I hope you can tell the difference in the sincerity of each and why the latter is against the site classifieds rules for "thread crapping."

This thread is verging into open criticism of mods, which is also against the site's guidelines. It's plain as day that many of us do not think the avatar in question is a problem - but this also isn't a democracy. Joe has the only vote that matters and he's tagged here.

If you have any other thoughts about the policy or mod behavior, take it to PM.

Closing thread.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews