JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Born and raised there for the first 27 years of my 60! I learned to drive in snow at night in empty high school and church parking lots, (a lotta church parking lots!) Utah knows how to take care of roads in winter! Growing up in the Salt Lake Valley, just 25 minutes from the "Greatest Snow on Earth", you learn that Utah takes better care of the roads to the ski resorts than any roads anywhere. LOL

Apparently they know how to drive in the snow in Montana.
I wrecked my truck last year in the snow, so now I'm a skeerdy cat. I have always liked driving in the snow and only had problems when I was playing around
Now I'm scared. Anyway i talked to someone the other day about Lost Trail pass (Hiway 93)
They said Idaho plows their side pretty well,Montana doesn't.
I guess they figure you better lear to drive in the snow!
Or it keeps all the west coasters that don't like to drive in the snow out of the state

I'd hate to be snow shoeing anywhere close to where they do the avalanche control!

There were times you'd be waiting, at first light, in a line of cars to get up to the resorts to ski. Avalanche control in the two canyons had permanent platforms built in various places up the canyon that they'd mount the cannons on to blast. When they gave the all clear they'd open the gate and let everyone up. You could see the black snow, here and there, up on the canyon walls from them blasting. Most places where blasting happened was generally too steep to be snow shoeing anyway. People would helicopter ski some of it though.

These are a couple of the slide areas, well, one big long one, in Little Cottonwood Canyon up near the Snowbird Resort. In a good snow year there could be 100 inch wall of snow on both sides of the road. As in no shoulder to park on!

P1020644.JPG

P1020646.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews