JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just joined having I stumbled upon your site while researching options to rid our farm field of sage rats. Having just joined AMAC and for years NRA, I am very interested in protecting our gun rights as citizens. I have offered to shooters paid ammo to have fun in my field, but understand also, that dingers can punch holes in my irrigation lines and cause havoc if not conscientious and disciplined enough in their play. I happen to like hunting but with my husband unable to join me as he is too weak/ill (at only 68!!!) due to diabetes, heart disease and renal failure and refusing to make changes to his diet, I rarely get the opportunity to hunt. Certainly haven't got the hang of little rodents either. But looks like a great forum and will monitor when I can to connect. Still working full time at 62 and plan to until I am 70. I work LOTS, enjoy running my business (25 years now!) and building up my contract base for lots of great jobs to offer skilled professionals around the country. Perhaps balance will be found at some point so I can network with others to go trail riding (even though I have to manage allergies of horses), hunting, camping and love downhill skiing!!! My goal is to ski until I am 95... Always restored after a 10 day camping trip or deep powder ski days. Sandy

Yes, welcome to NWFA. I know there are a bunch of folks on here that would love to help with the rats. And I know they would probably be very respectful of things that don't move (as in, not shooting your irrigation pipes). ;)

Again, welcome and sounds like you'll have fun here too.

Welcome Sandy. Tumalo is a great place. We lived and worked in Bend for 25 years. Husband used to thin rats in Tumalo every year until a large section of the field was bought by Cali's. They liked their little sage rats. Ha! All the kids rode Mt.B. Husband says .17HMR is best for those little buggers. And there were plenty of Red Tail hawks to clean up the left-overs. Good folks up that way. Best wishes.

Just joined having I stumbled upon your site while researching options to rid our farm field of sage rats. Having just joined AMAC and for years NRA, I am very interested in protecting our gun rights as citizens. I have offered to shooters paid ammo to have fun in my field, but understand also, that dingers can punch holes in my irrigation lines and cause havoc if not conscientious and disciplined enough in their play. I happen to like hunting but with my husband unable to join me as he is too weak/ill (at only 68!!!) due to diabetes, heart disease and renal failure and refusing to make changes to his diet, I rarely get the opportunity to hunt. Certainly haven't got the hang of little rodents either. But looks like a great forum and will monitor when I can to connect. Still working full time at 62 and plan to until I am 70. I work LOTS, enjoy running my business (25 years now!) and building up my contract base for lots of great jobs to offer skilled professionals around the country. Perhaps balance will be found at some point so I can network with others to go trail riding (even though I have to manage allergies of horses), hunting, camping and love downhill skiing!!! My goal is to ski until I am 95... Always restored after a 10 day camping trip or deep powder ski days. Sandy
If you have more rats to kill, let me know, im ready to take them out

If you have more rats to kill, let me know, im ready to take them out
Are you good at picking off the little buggers? I am not. Need lots of practice I guess. Give me you number and I will text you mine so we can arrange for you to shoot them. I have lots of .17 HMR Varmint tipped ammo I bought to encourage those that have a .17HMR rifle to come and shoot. Sandy

Are you good at picking off the little buggers? I am not. Need lots of practice I guess. Give me you number and I will text you mine so we can arrange for you to shoot them. I have lots of .17 HMR Varmint tipped ammo I bought to encourage those that have a .17HMR rifle to come and shoot. Sandy
5415435902, and yes, im a good shot

5415435902, and yes, im a good shot
Normally my husband and I are home though I still work so can be on travel to DC. Let me know the time you plan to visit the property and can let my husband know. You can set up on our back deck with our house is elevated up from the farm field and you would be shooting down into the field, or at the far corner of the "L" shaped property to shoot the length of the field.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top