Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Availability of stripped lowers.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by zack, Dec 19, 2012.

1. zack

zack outer se pdx New Member

I'm not familiar with the previous "assault weapon" ban but would stripped lowers be effected? From what I understand there's a few requirements to being an "assault weapon" of which a stripped lower wouldn't qualify unless there's specific wording. Educate me.

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

How is anyone going to KNOW what is effected until there is a law?

Anyone that tells you they KNOW is full of it............

3. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

X2 on this. I'm really interested to see how this all plays out.

4. Nwcid

I will add to it by saying people can and WILL speculate on what is going to happen IF anything even does happen.

On one hand people will look at what happened before and say the same thing will happen again. Possible.

Other people will say they will make a new law tougher then before. Possible.

Other people will say there will be a new law like one we have never seen. Possible

Other people say nothing will pass and laws will keep getting repealed as they have been. Possible.

There is one thing that is for SURE. All the anti gun people want ALL of our guns gone for emotional or ignorant reasons. Presenting them with facts just makes them stick to their beliefs even stronger.

5. zack

Let me re-phrase this. IF they re-establish the old ban, word for word. Would stripped lowers fall under the ban? Everything is speculation at this point. History does tend to repeat itself though.

6. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

What Nwcid said:thumbup:

7. Nwcid

8. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

It's worth considering there are other sorts of bans at the state level. For example, California.

9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

If you're worried about it, I have a couple NIB stripped AR lowers I'll sell to you for $500ea. ;)

10. Mr. Ben

Mr. Ben Snohomish Co. Active Member

My coworkers all flocked to me today to get my opinion...

Quick answer was: "I don't know, go buy something if you think it'll get banned, i'm not a sucker - I got mine a while back"

11. zack

Lol. Thanks for the offer, but ill hold out til I really want them and pay $800. Just give me a few.mo.ths to get the cash together.

In all seriousness, with some online sloothing I managed to pick up 5 30 round mags and 2 off brand mill spec stripped lowers for $300 minus FFL fees. Id imagine complete uppers are going to be hard to come by for a while but as long as the important piece is regestered I can wait it out.