Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AutoZone employee fired after taking action against “Fake Beard Bandit”

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ATCclears, Nov 30, 2012.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

Well done Drudge Report reader, you beat me by 7 minutes :p

3. remote

remote Chilliwack, B.C. Canada New Member

So, did I hear that right? The perp is still on the loose? Even after being confronted by the armed employee?

4. skidoo j

skidoo j Southern Oregon Member

I've always wondered if you were employed by a business that had a zero tolerance for guns and you got shot by an armed robber if you could in turn sue the business for not allowing you to defend you self.

On a different note; the bearded robber will return tomorrow to finish what he started. Because I'm sure he saw on the news that the guy got fired. To some degree it's like business want to get robbed.

In my prior place of employment we were to take counterfeit money, not even allowed to check it, in fear of "retaliation." Large businesses and corporations don't care if they get robbed, they just write it into the bottom line and raise the prices to honest consumers to compensate.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  5. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I would never work for a store that I couldn't carry.
    That guy will get another job at a good store.

6. remote

remote Chilliwack, B.C. Canada New Member

Meanwhile, that employee will get another job. And probably a better one, too.
    He's clean-cut, well spoken, thinks and acts quickly, and cares about his coworkers.
    I'll bet he gets lots of offers.

7. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

glad he wasn't a sheeple and covered his a$$ and said f--- off to the employer at least the guy is alive to get another job, might have been different if he did it the employers way

8. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

Hi skidoo j,
    Well you sue any one at any time for any thing........
    Tony Portland, Oregon Area

9. Hook686

Hook686 Northern California Active Member

If you do not like the contract for employment offered by one employer, don't take the job. If you agree to the terms of the employment by taking the job, then honor the contract. I realize that might be an alien concept to some, but no one really forces anyone to take a job these days, as the draft is long gone.

10. nubus

nubus Guest

Well I for one do not agree with giving up rights in order to take employment. That being said, I'm very happy to be employed by a business that encourages responsible concealed carry. Now I may have to consider blacklisting AutoZone from my future purchases.

11. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Looks like I wont be buying from autozone anymore....

12. Boomerang

Boomerang Portland area Active Member

On one hand, it's noble what he did to confront the BG, but am I the only one who thinks that once he was safe outside, he shouldn't have gone back in to confront?

13. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Same here, their store is the closest to me but no more from them.
    I did write a letter and send it through their comments on their web site.

oknow and (deleted member) like this.
  14. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I did this just after I replaced a starter and a alternator that I had bought 12 months (end of warranty) beforehand.Never had that problem at any other store.
    Cheap parts and no guns? I guess Shmucks/O'really?'s will get my mud flap business. We have a great parts store with intelligent (well some) old guys that I buy important parts from