Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Automotive Repair , We Deliver...

Discussion in 'Dave's Palisades Auto Repair' started by SDR, May 15, 2011.

1. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

Dave's Palisades Service offer's free shuttle service while having your vehicle serviced with in 10 miles of our shop ...You can be delivered to home or to school or to the Mall and even to the Golf Coarse or the Salon... Dave's Palisades Service also performs home pick up and delivery...

Our Technician is a ASE Certified Master Tech with fifteen plus years of hands on working experience, Shawn has twenty five plus years experience professionally Repairing and Servicing Vehicles...

Dave's Palisades Service has all the latest and greatest diagnostic equipment and information to Accurately, Quickly Repair or Service your vehicle...

We offer $24.95 Oil Changes Monday Through Friday and with this you get up to five quarts of Premium conventional Oil, Premium Filter and a new Drain Plug Gasket.. You get real Automotive Technicians Servicing your vehicle... All Oil Changes receive a complete inspection and consultation on any items needing attention...

Weekend Oil Change Special... Drop Off or Wait in the Coffee Shop across the street...
    David, The Man on duty for Weekend Oil Changes has eight years of Automotive Experience, We Offer weekend Oil Changes for $22.00 from 9-5 Saturday & Sunday ... Sorry we can't offer Shuttle Service or Pick Up and Delivery on the Weekends...

Please call Our Service Writer " DJ " 8-5 Monday through Friday to schedule your next vehicle Service or Repair @ 503-636-7935

Auto Care with Integrity
    Dave's Palisades Service
    We are here for You

2. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

SDR you do much import preformance stuff

3. SDR

Sorry Man, I responded but I did something wrong and it didn't post...

Yes we can help with that...
    We perform many aftermarket performance Upgrades...

Brakes , Suspension , Engine and Engine Management...

The down side to some upgrades is it requires the use of Specialty shops...

4. SDR

5. SDR

Absolutely , I will have my service writer call you on Monday, Please PM me you contact # ...
    Is the thermostat being changed because of maintenance or are you having problems with temperature control...
    Thanks

6. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

I apologize. I live way out east of PDX but was going to be nearby shortly after posting the question. Then I was away from my computer and unable to check for the response.
    Yes, the engine runs hot IMHO. I have had overheat events when climbing a hill with the AC on and ambiant temps above 90. I cannot find a coolant leak but am having to add every few days.
    Also, I seem to get warm air in the cabin when I have the outside air vent open. Not sure why that is but it gets uncomfortable on warm days.
    Hate to spend money I dont have on stuff that may not fix the problem but thought the thermostat a good (and relatively inexpensive) place to start.
    I am also now not sure if my electric fan is coming on at all. I need to investigate that as well.

7. SDR

The cooling fan or fans are not real necessary at speeds over 40 MPH... If your temp spikes up under a heavy load as in up hill or passing a vehicle then it sounds more like a radiator issue... If you notice your temp rising turn the A/C off and heater selector on heat, You don't need the fan blowing though, If your temp falls then your looking at a radiator... Look into your front grill and see if bugs and dirt and grime are present on the A/C condenser , It is in front or the radiator, If so spray some detergent on it and hose it off and test... I use the heater method along with a thermo gun test and then a flow test, If all fail I sell a radiator... The heater method is tried and works only because by selecting the heat you are opening the heater control valve and using the water capacity in the heater core to help cool the engine...
    If you want to consider a flow test I can tell you how to do that also but on some vehicles it is involved...
    Shop # is 503-636-7935, Let us know if we can help...