JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The John Wayne thread got me wondering if anyone here collects autographed photos of movie stars, celebrities, famous people, etc.

I've got a few that have been in the family for awhile.
Here's a sample...
06041901.JPG
James Cagney

Let's see what you've got.

edited to get rid of the photobucket ad
ETA names

Last Edited:
No Photo, but I have Donald Sutherland's Autograph from many moons ago! :cool:
Was a very cool experience meeting him, very nice person in person!
Also have Ann and Nancy Wilson's Autographs, also super cool people to meet!

My brother and sister in law have an autographed Tippi Hedren (after whom they named one of the 3-legged cats they like to adopt). Party there this weekend, so I'll get a snapshot and post it here. Total babe back in the day and holding up pretty damn good for 89. Hope I didn't curse her by saying that.

I got BB King's autograph on a concert program back in 1970, and Arnold Schwarzenegger's on a ski rental receipt on Mt. Bachelor, probably 92-ish while one of the Terminator flicks was HUGE.

The anecdote with Arnold was when he turned to my 10 year old son (who was scared to talk to him), and in exaggerated movie accent said, "Hello little boy." Of course he told all his friends later and it went like this...
"No way!"
"WAY!!!"

Funny. Now that I have a decent camera in a phone that I'm never without, it wouldn't occur to me to bug a celeb.
--------------------------------------
Edit 6-19. As promised from the party. Actually, I thought she was a lot cuter in The Birds.

tippi.jpg

Last Edited:
After leaving the Marine Corps, a friend from high school was working nights at the Pismo Beach bowling alley when Eddie Van Halen and then-wife Valerie Bertinelli came in to bowl a game or two after seeing a show at The Great American Melodrama in Oceano (they told him). He showed me Eddie's signature on the receipt. He was really jazzed at having met & talked to one of his favorite musicians. :D

Andy Granatelli, his wife Dolly and one of their Indy drivers, Art Pollard came to house for a visit. Got a signed pic from Art and a box full of STP stickers, iron-ons and other stuff a couple weeks later.

Back in the late 90's I attended a family members graduation from Quantico. Louis Freeh (then Director) was the key note speaker. I was able to meet him and asked him to autograph the program, which he did. Nice guy, but a little short for a storm trooper. Anyway, years passed and I came across the program amongst my piles of stuff and sent it to my relative. She thought it was pretty cool that I still had it.
Well, that's all I've got.

Oh wait, I met Willie Mays when I was about six years old. He was doing a meet and greet at the local JC Penny's. I remember the long line that wound around the furniture department. My older brother got his autograph and I got to shake his hand. I was never a sports fan but even at six years old I knew who Willie Mays was.

Oh wait one more.... In a previous life I was an auto center manager for Montgomery Wards in Glen Burnie, MD. Our marketing people had arranged for Darryl Palmer to come by and do an autograph signing. I was the staff manager at the time so I had to supervise the event. I wasn't really impressed with the guy(although he was nice) and figured that he lost a bet or something to be stuck sitting for two hours in the dingy business office of our store. There was however a line going out the door of fans waiting to see him.
OK, I'm done now.

Last Edited:
I have an autographed copy of the Les Schwab Story that used to be a required purchase as a new guy, LOL. I met him several times while working there and really think the company would be better off with him still around.

No autograph, but I met this guy a few years ago at an event our club was hosting for live-fire demonstrations.

MLR.JPG
MLR2.JPG

Bought us RSOs coffee & donuts. Donated the brand new coffee maker to the club. Also 3 new steel IPSC-style targets, and some Dillo Dust.

Hmm. I just noticed something interesting (to me anyway).

I have a photo of James Cagney (the only one in the collection that ISN'T autographed :confused:) that is nearly identical to one that is on IMBD.com. Different angle and facial expression, but definitely from the same photo session.

Mine:
LargeJamesCagney2.jpg

IMDB:
MV5BMjEyNTk0MDc3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzk5NTU2._V1_.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show