Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

auto repair recommendation in salem

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RB87, Mar 19, 2013.

1. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

I've got the ominous "check engine" light showing up on my dash. Anyone have any recomendation for a good repair shop in Salem?

2. RangerEric

RangerEric Southern Oregon, United States Active Member

My whole family has been going to Salem Brake and Wheel on 12th St for a long, long time, great to work with, honest people, pretty reasonably priced.

3. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

If you have an o'reily's auto parts or an auto zone they may have a computer they can hook up and tell you why it is going on. My local O'reilly's was able to hook it up and tell me what was wrong (bad battery) and cleared it for me.

4. bentbronco

bentbronco pdx New Member

2nd for take to any major parts store
    Most will tell you what the code is and the you can fix it your self or have a friend do it for you
    I finally broke down and bought my own reader. That way I don't have to drive to the parts place twice. Once to read code and get part the second to have it cleared once its fixed.

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I start out by just clearing them. Most don't come back.

6. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

Call Scott at Evolution Auto Repair 503-949-7546. He is actually in Keizer but does great work with great rates. He is even a member of the forum...I don't know his user name though.

7. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions all. Looks like its an EGR sensor issue.