JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How long ago did you place your order? The fellow I spoke to at the factory told me they sold all 50 of the Founders Edition in 48 hours and a buck of hopefuls on a wait list in case of a cancellation.
I had to settle for ordering a Classic, 6-1/2" bbl, wood grips. He told me it should be about eight weeks. I've been wanting one since I held one at a gun shop in Burien in ~1985. It was a High Standard and they wanted $600 for it. I'm getting a $3,600 payoff for a class-action suit, so I'm investing it.
:s0022:

My Founders Edition should arrive sometime early to mid Feb.

:s0115: :s0023: :s0133: :s0151: :s0053: :s0069: :s0073: :s0090:

How long ago did you place your order? The fellow I spoke to at the factory told me they sold all 50 of the Founders Edition in 48 hours and a buck of hopefuls on a wait list in case of a cancellation.
I had to settle for ordering a Classic, 6-1/2" bbl, wood grips. He told me it should be about eight weeks. I've been wanting one since I held one at a gun shop in Burien in ~1985. It was a High Standard and they wanted $600 for it. I'm getting a $3,600 payoff for a class-action suit, so I'm investing it.
:s0022:

I've been following the rebirth of Auto Mag for about the past 2 years now. I signed up to be put on their newsletter mailing list. I received an email about the Founders Edition and it said that if i were interested that i should contact them. Well, i did, and i got put on their "want" list for it. To shorten this long story, the email notification to buy one went to my spam folder and got buried. When i found it i called them right away. Luck was on my side as there was one available because of a cancelled order (the person lives in kommiefornia and couldn't receive it because these new ones have not gone through their DOJ approval process). I asked how many they have left, if any, and they said this was the last one. I was told "we had 2 of them as of yesterday. Today, there is only one." I bought it right then.

$600? Wow! Hind sight being foresight, that would have been nice to have gotten, huh?

If you know anything about them, then enjoy the heck out of it when you get. If not, pm me and i can pass along some info. Do you plan on shooting it? I hear these new ones are extremely tight with the fit and finish.

Post picts when when you get it?

:)

Last Edited:
They'd make a neat field gun even today. My uncle had one back in the 70's(?) and we'd plink and hunt (Montana) with that thing.
I saw one for a pretty good price at the Clackamas gun broker a ways back and was pretty tempted.

. . .
If you know anything about them, then enjoy the heck out of it when you get. If not, pm me and i can pass along some info. Do you plan on shooting it? I hear these new ones are extremely tight with the fit and finish.

Post picts when when you get it?

:)
I've already ordered 500 Starline brass and have been thinking about dies. I use a Dillon machine, so the shell plate is stock .308. I should be able to resize the cases in a .308 sizing die, also. If it takes .429 boolits, a .44 mag/spec. powder funnel/neck sizer should work, and a .44 bullet seater/crimp die should as well. All adjusted for length, of course.
I'll take pics, too.

I've already ordered 500 Starline brass and have been thinking about dies. I use a Dillon machine, so the shell plate is stock .308. I should be able to resize the cases in a .308 sizing die, also. If it takes .429 boolits, a .44 mag/spec. powder funnel/neck sizer should work, and a .44 bullet seater/crimp die should as well. All adjusted for length, of course.
I'll take pics, too.

If you ordered the 44AMP starline brass you are set. No resizing or anything. Starline brass is ready to load. You'll need 44AMP dies too. Some swear by using a taper crimp, others say it isn't needed.

Can't wait to converse with another Auto Mag owner, and shooter. It's one thing to own one, its totally different taking it out and shooting it. :)

If you ordered the 44AMP starline brass you are set. No resizing or anything. Starline brass is ready to load. You'll need 44AMP dies too. Some swear by using a taper crimp, others say it isn't needed.

Can't wait to converse with another Auto Mag owner, and shooter. It's one thing to own one, its totally different taking it out and shooting it. :)

Do you have a decently priced source for the dies?

I may have an extra set of RCBS that I'd be willing to sell. Let me check and I'll PM you.

Other than that, eBay? GunBroker (a few on there WAY over priced), guns shows (if you're lucky?).........

If you want to "buy once, cry once" there are the CH4D dies that you can order. A lot of people can't say enough good things about those.

I'll check tonight.

I'd take one.

and I'm still waiting for someone to make a auto-loading 454 casull

View attachment 423694

gonna nerd out a little here and say if you don't mind or if you like anime there is a show that prominently features that 454 (it is not a kids show) called Hellsing good story, i watched it 15 or so years ago but it is still worth a look, and if you don't like subs there is a dubbed version as well. there is also a newer version as well called Hellsing Ultimate here is a english version clip from that one.

gonna nerd out a little here and say if you don't mind or if you like anime there is a show that prominently features that 454 (it is not a kids show) called Hellsing good story, i watched it 15 or so years ago but it is still worth a look, and if you don't like subs there is a dubbed version as well. there is also a newer version as well called Hellsing Ultimate here is a english version clip from that one.

Fate/Zero did a particularly good job animating the firearms. Even the calico that one of the characters used (except that it never jammed in the show making it a little less than authentic :) )

Fate/Zero - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

that was a good series, i'm watching the fate/stay night (unlimited blade works) version right now on crunchyroll. TBH there is a lot of anime with guns in it and itis always nice when you see them portrayed correctly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top