JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know automatics are illegal in Wa. Does anyone know what class of crime it is or what penalty one might incur? I really miss carrying a good auto and don't mind risking a ticket-able offense, just don't want anything nasty on my record. Can't find anything definitive in the Wa laws. Thanks

Dig a little deeper. It's a gross misdemeanor, and carries a maximum penalty of up to 365 days in county lock-up and/or a $5000 fine. Interestingly enough, it's illegal to even own one in the state, it's not just a restriction on carrying. So I guess you gotta ask yourself, are ya feelin' lucky? Well, are ya :D? It's worth noting that there's some other silliness regarding carrying a dagger, dirk, and something else "in a furtive manner", but it's legal to open carry such, as long as you don't alarm anyone by doing so o_O. Later.

Lots of spring assist knives exist which are legal in WA. As long as you have to exert some sort of effort to begin the deployment of the blade (aside from pressing a button), it is considered spring assisted and not unlawful.

My Kershaw assisted is just as fast as the autos I've been around.

Something else worth thinking about is county and city laws are different from place to place so plan your EDC with where you go and take that into account.

I stick with a 3.25" cuz that seems to be legal everywhere I go. I'd much rather carry a 4" if I had the option.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top