JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6753/germany-migrants-demands
  • "Human traffickers and the media in their home countries are making promises that do not correspond to reality." — Hans-Joachim Ulrich, regional refugee coordinator.

• The migrants said they were angry they were being asked to sleep in a huge warehouse rather than in private apartments. Hamburg officials say there are no more vacant apartments in the city. "The city lied to us. We were shocked when we arrived here," said Syrian refugee Awad Arbaakeat.

• "One of the men, who spoke broken German, said they [a family of asylum seekers from Syria] were not interested in viewing the property because I am a woman... I was taken aback. You want to help and then are sent away, unwanted in your own country." — Aline Kern, real estate agent.

• "A constitutional state cannot allow itself to be blackmailed." — Marcel Huber, Bavarian politician.

• "I man. You woman. I go first." — Muslim male with a full shopping cart at the supermarket.

• An asylum seeker from Somalia successfully sued the German Agency for Migration and Refugees for taking too long to process his application -- 16 months. The agency said it currently has a backlog of 250,000 unprocessed applications.

• Seventy percent of migrants from Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria who were offered apprenticeships fail to complete them. According to the director of the Munich Chamber of Trade, many young migrants believe apprenticeships are beneath them.

Learn the difference - PLEASE!
340376.jpg

Well, interesting turn of events. Wonder what the antigunners think of that :rolleyes:

Good for Austrians. I bet a LOT of Germans wish they could arm themselves right now.

Germany has less somewhat less restrictive gun laws than Austria.

Given that here in UK anybody over the age of 18 who is not a convicted criminal who has served more than 6 months jail time is entitled to have a shotgun certificate [covers ANY number of shotguns, BTW], I'd be amazed if there was not a sudden rise in the numbers of folks getting interested in clay pigeon and trap shooting in the coming months.

My own club has a thriving practical shotgun section, with 30-something members - all with 8-shot pumps or semi-autos. I just might arouse myself into a sudden interest in that so-far unexplored aspect of the sport....

tac

How are Austrian handgun laws? Shotguns are great but not for concealing or having with you everywhere you go. Itd be a damn shame if the citizens have no way to own a Glock, Steyr, or even their neighbor's products like Walthers, Sigs, or CZs.

You don't need to conceal a firearm in your own home.

As for the rest of your post, I think it has been answered already.

tac

Germany has less somewhat less restrictive gun laws than Austria.

Given that here in UK anybody over the age of 18 who is not a convicted criminal who has served more than 6 months jail time is entitled to have a shotgun certificate [covers ANY number of shotguns, BTW], I'd be amazed if there was not a sudden rise in the numbers of folks getting interested in clay pigeon and trap shooting in the coming months.

My own club has a thriving practical shotgun section, with 30-something members - all with 8-shot pumps or semi-autos. I just might arouse myself into a sudden interest in that so-far unexplored aspect of the sport....

tac

Are y'all restricted to ammo categories with shotguns, or can you load up with 00-buckshot, sabots, and rifled slugs?

I don't know how it is now, but when I was in Gemany (late 80's) their laws restricted ownership of any firearm that was in official "current use" by any military force. I briefly remember there was a conundrum because there were a LOT of German citizens who owned Mini-14's, and some po-dunk military force officially adopted it... don't recall how that worked out though.

In Mexico, civilians are restricted from any weapon or caliber that is used (or ever was in the past) by any military organization... that's worked out well for them, yeah?

If you are a practical shotgunner, then you can load up with whatever suits the target. There ARE limits - but that only involves the amount of propellant you can hold at any one time, in containers or in cartridges - 25 kilos [55 pounds].

A 3" Magnum cartridge load of propellant's worth means that you are limited to about 26,000 rounds at any one time - more than enough for a decent day shooting, I reckon.

tac

By the way, notwithstanding the number of folks on your side of the water confungling Austria with Australia, I am endlessly correcting others of your fellow country-persons who don't seem to be able to distinguish between Switzerland and Sweden.

Makes being on the Swedish firearms and also the Swiss rifles fora quite a hoot...

tac

Being a furriner/guest here, I could not possibly comment on the vagaries of English spoken in the United States.

I simply refer you to this -

On the other hand, you might try this excerpt from Newyddion y Dydd [Welsh News] - it's old but it IS the language of a quarter of the UK -

Mind you, it's not an accent as such, but a real living language.

tac

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews