JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Australian Supreme Court Judge: Ban Guns
By Robert Farago on September 28, 2014
119784-7c51858a-4579-11e4-9a65-621dde564580.jpg
Who could have seen this coming? A country enacts draconian gun control legislation that makes it virtually impossible for citizens to own firearms and then calls for a complete civilian gun ban. That could be a lot of places, but today's episode of "Who Wants To Be A Police State?" takes us to Southern Australia, where Supreme Court Justice Michael David has declared, "My view is I think our guns laws are pretty tight, they are not too bad. But my view on guns is not confined to that. In my view, and it is a fairly utopian view, I can't see why anyone in this city should own a gun. I think a gun with a licence is just as dangerous as . . .
a gun without a licence. I think there should be a law that no-one is allowed to have a gun. I cannot see any logical reason for it at all.''
Don't be fooled by the Justice's admission that a total gun ban is "utopian." The Justice's anti-gun extremism paves the way for yet more infringement on Australian's natural and civil (though not Constitutionally protected) right to keep and bear arms. In other words, Oz's anti-gunners know an opportunity when they hear one.
Mark McPherson, the father of 18-year-old Lewis McPherson who was gunned down on New Year's Eve in 2012, supports Justice's David's suggestion.
He said he "absolutely'' supported Justice David's views on guns and believed there was "no need at all'' for anyone in the metropolitan area to own a firearm.
"I could not agree more. Nobody in the city requires a gun,'' he said.
"In a perfect world, no-one would have a gun and no-one could shoot anyone. But the reality is a farmer probably has a legitimate reason to have a gun. But as far as people in the city go, no they definitely should not.'' . . .
Attorney-General John Rau, who will shortly introduce new legislation targeting those selling or supplying illegal firearms, also said he "totally agreed'' with Justice David's utopian view.
"If we were starting from scratch, nothing would be more desirable from my point of view,'' he said.
"We have to, however, work to where we are, not where we might wish to be.
"However, I do think there is further room to tighten the Firearms Act, in particular to treat an unsecured firearm, whether registered or not, with exactly the same severity."
And so it goes. So the next time someone recommends "common sense" gun laws, tell them that common sense says people who set off down a slippery slope always end up at the bottom. And that it's harder to go uphill than it is to go down. Either that or tell them to piss off. [h/t Mark N

Amon Gothe.jpg

Gun control isn't about making a gun free utopia.

Gun control is about taking guns out of the hands of private citizens.

People who want to ban all guns always want to leave guns in the hands of the police and the military, because ultimately they control *those* guns.

I would bet that if someone asked this judge if he thought that such a ban should extend to police and military, if he answered honestly, he would say no.

Well quite frankly this Australian 'Supreme Court Judge' looks 'Light in the loafers' and has TWO FIRST NAMES - Michael David - never trust ANYONE with two first names.

Last Edited:
Obama Praises Australia's Gun Confiscation Laws After Oregon School Shooting…
022113_ObamaGuns-550x309.jpg
But don't worry, he totally respects your Second Amendment rights.
Via USA Today:
President Obama talked about student loans and made an emotional argument about the need to address gun violence in American during a Tuesday session on the social media website Tumblr.
Some highlights:
5:07 p.m. — Over and out: "I've had a great time," Obama tells Tumblr users.
5:05 p.m. — Obama says he knows one thing he'll do after his second term is over: "I'll be on a beach somewhere."
But that won't last long, he adds, saying he wants to work with young people among other things during his post-presidency.
"Guard against cynicism," Obama tells Tumblr users.
5:00 p.m. — The topic of school shootings comes up, as a questioner says he knew the college student who went on the recent deadly shooting spree in California.
Obama says the nation has to figure out a way to keep guns out of the hands of mentally unstable people.
Gun violence in America is "off the charts," Obama says.
He notes that Australia enacted gun control laws after a single mass shooting, and hasn't had one since

Firearms are the only thing giving a free people true freedom. Once the firearms go, liberty will follow. Cops and military will always have guns to protect the rich, and the govt officials. Mostly from the oppressed.

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2012/08/some-notes-on-claims-about-australias.html

Here is the actual data from Australia. First note that gun ownership exhibits a very interesting pattern that isn't often acknowledged. There was a large gun buyback in 1996 and 1997 that reduced gun ownership from 3.2 to 2.2 million guns. But immediately after that gun ownership increased dramatically and is essentially back to where it was before the buyback. Why is that important? Well, if it is the number of guns that is important, you should initially see a large drop in suicides or crimes and then see it increasing. Yet, in none of these data series do you observe that pattern.
For example, homicides didn't fall until eight years after the laws. It is not clear what theory they have for why the long delay would occur. Nor can I even find an acknowledgment of that long lag in the cited literature. A more natural explanation for the drop at the eight year point would be the substantial increases in police forces that occurred at that time.

Be sure and read further down in the report at the link I posted above!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

The memory of a population seems to be about a generation and a half. Mankind seems doomed to learn the same painful lessons every other generation or so.

All the Commonwealth countries have that Mommy-will-take-care-of-you fixation. I hear the Ozzies are actually pretty happy and content people, so good for them. However I prefer to wipe my own butt, thankyouverymuch.

Australia has ALWAYS been on the totalitarian side of the equation. It's far from limited to guns.

The convicts became citizens, then some of them got elected to power, decided to KEEP that power, while telling the masses how free they were.

LIBERTY has never, ever been a widely used phrase in Australia. They're as free as they want to be. It's their country, fine by me. But I sure as Hell wouldn't want to live in Australia, and that would be equally true if I hated guns and never wanted one. It's more subtle than the UK, but it's actually more repressive in most ways.

Australian Supreme Court Judge: Ban Guns
By Robert Farago on September 28, 2014
View attachment 105546
Who could have seen this coming? A country enacts draconian gun control legislation that makes it virtually impossible for citizens to own firearms and then calls for a complete civilian gun ban. That could be a lot of places, but today's episode of "Who Wants To Be A Police State?" takes us to Southern Australia, where Supreme Court Justice Michael David has declared, "My view is I think our guns laws are pretty tight, they are not too bad. But my view on guns is not confined to that. In my view, and it is a fairly utopian view, I can't see why anyone in this city should own a gun. I think a gun with a licence is just as dangerous as . . .
a gun without a licence. I think there should be a law that no-one is allowed to have a gun. I cannot see any logical reason for it at all.''
Don't be fooled by the Justice's admission that a total gun ban is "utopian." The Justice's anti-gun extremism paves the way for yet more infringement on Australian's natural and civil (though not Constitutionally protected) right to keep and bear arms. In other words, Oz's anti-gunners know an opportunity when they hear one.
Mark McPherson, the father of 18-year-old Lewis McPherson who was gunned down on New Year's Eve in 2012, supports Justice's David's suggestion.
He said he "absolutely'' supported Justice David's views on guns and believed there was "no need at all'' for anyone in the metropolitan area to own a firearm.
"I could not agree more. Nobody in the city requires a gun,'' he said.
"In a perfect world, no-one would have a gun and no-one could shoot anyone. But the reality is a farmer probably has a legitimate reason to have a gun. But as far as people in the city go, no they definitely should not.'' . . .
Attorney-General John Rau, who will shortly introduce new legislation targeting those selling or supplying illegal firearms, also said he "totally agreed'' with Justice David's utopian view.
"If we were starting from scratch, nothing would be more desirable from my point of view,'' he said.
"We have to, however, work to where we are, not where we might wish to be.
"However, I do think there is further room to tighten the Firearms Act, in particular to treat an unsecured firearm, whether registered or not, with exactly the same severity."
And so it goes. So the next time someone recommends "common sense" gun laws, tell them that common sense says people who set off down a slippery slope always end up at the bottom. And that it's harder to go uphill than it is to go down. Either that or tell them to piss off. [h/t Mark N

Looks like a frilly dilly to me. Doubt if his brain functions. But probably well versed in Hitler Robotics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top