Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Australian Olympic swimmers in hot water after gun photo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sun195, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

My gosh, I didn't realize people in Australia were so sensitive (story on CNN):

ipad-art-wide-darcy_guns-420x0.jpg

2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I wager that if those two blokes posted a picture of themselves in a deep french kiss there wouldn't be a tenth as much outrage.

Keith

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Akathepriest

Akathepriest Astoria, OR Active Member

Its funny because you CAN own guns in Australia hell its even harder to get a gun there than Kalifornia. What a bunch of bubblegums, wasn't even in their country and yet they need to police what they do in other countries.

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

The only thing I'd ding them for is the idiot that had his fingers on the triggers of the shotguns instead of outside the trigger guards. Other than that, what's the problem?

5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Wussies...

6. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Which is precisely why I do not post any photos my myself with guns. No matter benign it may seem, there's always a chance of backlash from some liberal dumba$$ wanting to cause trouble.

7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Maybe what they should tell Swimming Austraila is..."OK, we'll go swim for the U.S."

8. lonegunman

lonegunman Eastern Washington Active Member

Maybe someone should tell them shooting is an Olympic sport as well as swimming while wearing ladies panties.

9. bmtm09

bmtm09 olympia, wa Well-Known Member

I lived there for 4 years and hated it . They have no sence of pride or patriotism. They are a bunch of
    Godless people. They dont allow you to defend your home or family. Hit someone that breaks into your home in Australia and the intruder will sue you and win!
    I am so glad to be home!

10. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

FYI the estimated gun control compliance in Australia is estimated to be less than 5%, the other 95% of firearms being hidden away and used in unofficial clubs.

Also I lived there for 5 years and found their lack of fundamentalist wackjobs and jingoist warmongers to be very refreshing.

11. bmtm09

In the time I spent there i never met anyone that owned a firearm, or who understood the freedoms that we enjoy. The only common thread i found in the people there was a lack of concern about the painful fact that they gave up their rights to a gvmt that doesnt want an armed public.

12. dmancornell

You obviously have never been in the rural parts of the country. Australian gun control is a product of big city leftists.

Also if you haven't noticed yet, the American government doesn't want an armed public either.

13. bmtm09

Well obviously... your idea of percentage of guns in private hands there is an opinion not a fact. I have been coast to coast top to bottom of that country and have worked with the most "country" of population. Stories all the same...turning in their guns to " cop shops" all over the country.
    I am very aware that our gvmt doesnt want us armed.I am just glad I we havent given up our rights the way they did.

P.s. Its never nice to assume anything of someone you dont know

14. dmancornell

Australians have "no sense of pride" from someone who worked for 4 years with the Outback population in Australia? Yeah, I'm just going to say you never really knew the people you worked with.

15. blackgunsdan

blackgunsdan Clackamas, OR Active Member

I have no respect for people that would give up their rights to own firearms; any and all firearms. Gun Control down under has not worked! Violent crime is up, go figure! How a nation could fall for political bullbubblegum is way beyond me! Just saying.

16. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Sure is funny - the hardware stores sold out of 4" and larger pvc pipe and end caps as soon as it hit the shelves for months before the gun turn in date. From what I have heard many turned in one or two and buried the rest. Gun sales were legal in the months leading up to the turn in date as well - wonder what their sales numbers looked like :paranoid: