JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Austere Dentistry and Temporary Fillings, by J.D., DMD

My dentist told me that 50% of the people who have dental insurance never use it.

Most dental insurance only covers $1-$2K, with deductible/co-pay.

OTOH, the insurance usually covers bi-annual cleanings and checkups.

I have been having a lot of work done the last couple years. At first it was a broken tooth, then a lot of relatively minor things like an incipient crack in a cap, that kind of stuff. Caps/fillings wear out and seem to only last about a decade, and time flies, so I am having anything repaired now while I can afford it and the care is available. Paying for that for my daughter too. When SHTF is not the time to find out that that severe tooth pain means you need a root canal and dental care is not available.

Where There Is No Dentist: Murray Dickson: 9780942364057: Amazon.com: Books

The article reminds me that I need a mouth guard. Most of the time I don't need it, but when stressed I do grind my teeth while sleeping and it does cause a lot of pain. I forgot about that as it has been about a year since I had that pain.

I would point out that the article at least once mentions removing a tooth in lieu of a root canal or other treatment. The problem with removing some teeth in a human mouth is that the other teeth around it will move around over time because teeth in between other teeth support the teeth around them. Teeth that move because they are unsupported on one side or the other can become unstable and problematic over time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top