JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to know if any local members would be interested in a small cleanup effort and group shoot at two areas south of Sunriver I have often posted pictures of.

Recently I posted about hauling out a load of wood from the area and member COGS (Trash No Land) contacted me and mentioned he has been wanting to come down to this area for some time and suggest this as an impromptu cleanup/meetup!

We have projected August 8th for this and maybe an 8:00 AM meet time.

The area is just a few minutes South of Sunriver and if anyone is interested please PM me and I will provide exact directions.

This area is not badly trashed and a couple hours or less will most likely do it.

WE would primarily concentrate on cleaning up the area where I got the wood and then move to the other spot (within shouting distance!) for a minor cleanup and the afternoon shooting.

Shooting will be casual with only about 50 yard targets so if you have a small table, stand etc. to bring that would be great. Otherwise just some fun, offhand shooting at paper, clays or pine cones!

Yep. Love me some Central Oregon soil! I'll be there Fri afternoon to set up camp and kick the lava rock. I know we can't burn a camp fire, so, I'll bring the propane fire pit (close but not the same!).

Biggest challenge for me will be to find some 223/5.56 ammo! Stores in Portland area are empty!

Since the forest officials don't want to host or sanction any official group cleanups until we reach Phase III of the #Pandamnit, we are simply doing it on our own cleanup (like we should always already be doing anyway!). This get together isn't that much of a cleanup as it is a shoot out. Plus, I love to do dispersed camping.

Here's the offer... Trash No Land will cover the trash bags and disposal cost. Since I can't find any 223 or 5.56 ammo in the Portland area, you guys provide the ammo! :D Ha! Nah, I'll find some... I hope. If not, I got some 22lr and 9mm, just enough for a little fun.

Citizen,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll PM a couple pics later however the effort will be very minor for this - nothing like some of the places that have been shown!

Last Edited:
PM me the wherefores, I need to take a break and can bring a few pistols and ammo for them. If there is a particular caliber that I make ammo for that anyone would like to try out I can bring the appropriate "test fixture" and ammo.

I'll be there and will bring an ez-up, folding table and a chair. I'll have a jug of ice water but you'll need your own cup. For firearms I'll bring my .22 rifle, CV arms 45-70 single shot, Glock 22, and Ruger Bisley 45 colt. I can bring others if anyone wants to see what they are all about.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top