JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
As officer Fred said, "We knocked it out of the park today!" (USFS LEO). I tend to agree with him. Very cool day. I think we have started something good there in the Sisters community. I hope it inspires some to get with the stewardship program and put forth an effort to promote responsible shooting.

Lots more to be posted about this, but, I'm beat and it's too late tonight.

This story ran in the Nugget News on Wednesday and really helped bring in some volunteers. The guy who wrote it, Jim Cornelius chief editor, is a gun enthusiast and shoots at the Zimmerman gravel pit. He attended today's cleanup and will do another story this next week.

This is great to have a news media outlet who believes in our 2nd Amendment Rights and is concerned with how gun owners are portrayed! And his paper gets into most all the stores in Sisters! Looking forward to his follow up story!

Nugget News Event Announcment.jpg

Volunteers from Sisters, Oregon, are dedicated to stewardship!

Close to 20 people worked as a team to do something we should never have to do. Clean up other peoples trash! Especially when that trash is in our forests.

Thank you to all the great folks who joined us, all the awesome supporting sponsors who contributed, all the forest service officials who worked their tails off and all the Law Enforcement personnel who join us. You are an inspiration to all who sees!

Aug 24, 2019. Stewardship Cleanup, Deschutes National Forest, Sisters, Oregon.

Special thanks to @Rem700..300 and Tracy, @WrenchNguns and his son Steven, and one other NWFA member @Greyw8 (great to meet you Eric!). Perhaps @Joe Link could show some green for @Greyw8 !

8-24-19 Zim Pit 1.jpg

Too bad we didn't take the group photo first thing in the morning. Several people left just before lunch and some just after lunch. Here's the die-hard crew that stayed to the end.
8-24-19 Zim Pit 2.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 3.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 4.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 5.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 6.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 7.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 9.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 10.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 11.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 12.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 13.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 14.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 15.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 16.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 17.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 18.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 19.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 20.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 21.jpg

8-24-19 Zim Pit 22.jpg 8-24-19 Zim Pit 23.jpg

Bill n Smokey.jpg 8-24-19 Zim Pit 8.jpg

Drove by the 500 road today and my curiousity of how it looks almost got the best of me. We had the car and it doesnt go on dirt so maybe next time. Did stop at Trigger Happy to say Thank You and we ate breakfast at The Sister's Bakery. They were too busy to talk though. Great Day

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top