JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't trusted any of the alphabet news agencies or federal agencies for quite some time...

What a piece of work!

Last Edited:
Can't they sue for that?
Heck you can sue for everything else these days.

The only thing you can count on in our media stream is that you will be lied to, and they are selling you a political agenda fed to them by their handlers.

They are the same beasts as the politicians.

This is a perfect example of why it is extremely important to make your own recording of an interview with ANY media (if one would ever choose to do so). I'm glad they had it. An acknowledgement and VERY public apology is needed.

As a firefighter, we were asked to provide information to the local media after calls. The local paper, who was always supportive, developed a history of getting things wrong or printing it out of context. We finally told them we would have a narrative to them within 2 hours. Once this started, almost every story mirrored what we provided. Even when the press has no political agenda, they can and will screw it up.

Honestly, besides those of us here, who the hell is even aware of this or seeing it? I've never even heard of the network it's on. Katie Couric is a desperate attention hound that, like the discredited Brian Williams, is seeking some way, any way, to still be considered relevant. I know that she is not. It's sad to watch these washed-up has-beens.

This is a perfect example of why it is extremely important to make your own recording of an interview with ANY media (if one would ever choose to do so). I'm glad they had it. An acknowledgement and VERY public apology is needed.

As a firefighter, we were asked to provide information to the local media after calls. The local paper, who was always supportive, developed a history of getting things wrong or printing it out of context. We finally told them we would have a narrative to them within 2 hours. Once this started, almost every story mirrored what we provided. Even when the press has no political agenda, they can and will screw it up.

This is fantastic advice.

I seem to vaguely remember something about KATU interviewing us and the USFS (@Cogs and @rangerlars). They asked how much damage target shooters had done to the area, and when they didn't get a number (or didn't like what they were told) they made one up. I'm sure one of those guys can comment (or correct me if I'm wrong.

This is fantastic advice.

I seem to vaguely remember something about KATU interviewing us and the USFS (@Cogs and @rangerlars). They asked how much damage target shooters had done to the area, and when they didn't get a number (or didn't like what they were told) they made one up. I'm sure one of those guys can comment (or correct me if I'm wrong.
When Channel 2 came to the cleanup event, they seemed so interested in who we were and what we were doing yet, back at the studio, they reported it as if we caused the problem. Lumping us together in one category with what is commonly referred to as 'Trigger Trash'. They implied that we, target shooters, cost the Forest Service $200,000 in cleanups per year. I don't think they ever mentioned our organization, outside of a brief camera scan of our name on a brochure, and then they edited down an interview with only one of our NWFA members, (yet they interviewed a couple of us).

Just another lesson to learn... Don't do a 'general' press release. Contact a specific news reporter at a trusted media outlet so you know it will be recorded right and reported right. We still don't know who sent the press release to channel 2, nor if they sent it to others. I noticed the Sandy newspaper did a more accurate report of the event than channel 2 did.

Of course. This is the "news" media after all.

That is why they rarely ever allow the interviewee their own video cameras at the same time - they know they will edit out the parts they don't like and they don't want an alternative view presented.

It isn't "news", it is propaganda.

Just saw a news report about a very anti gun TV show that was hosted by Katie Couric. Personally, I've had enough of this anti-bubblegum. I wrote a web comment to the ABC Network informing them that I will boycott their network until they get rid of Couric. Further, I've decided to become much more active in the fight for the liberty of gun owners and the 2-A.

Honestly, besides those of us here, who the hell is even aware of this or seeing it? I've never even heard of the network it's on. Katie Couric is a desperate attention hound that, like the discredited Brian Williams, is seeking some way, any way, to still be considered relevant. I know that she is not. It's sad to watch these washed-up has-beens.

The problem is there are millions of people who watch this fraud. I mean these same people voted for the smoking pile of nonsense that I-594 is. They need to be called out for deceptions like this, if only to let them know not everyone is as gullible as they are counting on.

Brutus Out

HEY . . . What difference does it make if she isn't a journalist?
She has good legs! You can ask one of the network executives if they go all the way up!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

I learned a lesson long ago after doing one press briefing. Even after my employer spent thousands of dollars training me to provide press interviews (and the fact that I hate the press so I was very specific in my responses) they printed what they wanted to hear and it had nothing to do with what I said. From that day forward my response was "I'm not authorized to talk to the press".

I learned a more valuable lesson later from Charlton Heston. When the fat pinhead ambush-interviewed him for Bowling for Columbine, Heston purposely sat in front of a large wall clock that appeared just over his right shoulder in frame. When fat-boy edited the interview, he wasn't smart enough to notice the clock so it became obvious by "visual time stamp" that the sequence of questions and answers were doctored to fit his agenda.

Know your enemy and exploit their weaknesses.

Last Edited:
She only regrets getting cornered with facts.
But then again if memory serves me that many "news" are owned by members of big business including overseas oil princes of a certain country. Which is why a lot of real news gets glossed over for Kardashian specials instead.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top