JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very interesting. My opinion, it looks like the ATF has as much responsibility as Kesselring. While it is the shops responsibility to follow the law, nearly all the laws we have related to guns were put in place after the Kesselring shop opened, and if they were never inspected until 2005, doing things your own way for 58 years is hard to change.

<broken link removed>

After the DC sniper the Bullet Hole in Tacoma came under ATF scrutiny and they found similar infractions and the place closed down. You wonder how many similar instances are out there.

I've done business at Kesselring's for many years and never saw any sign of improperly handled paperwork. They would always double-check the forms.

It bothers me that the Seattle Times article is not the first that takes the "poor ATF" stance. In the shadow of Fast and Furious I saw a few liberal articles about how the poor ATF was underfunded and understaffed. I'm guessing that is a very definite public relations plan by the agency to get more liberals screaming "we need more ATF to control these crazy gun sellers and owners".

Last Edited:
After the DC sniper the Bullet Hole in Tacoma came under ATF scrutiny and they found similar infractions and the place closed down. You wonder how many similar instances are out there.

I've done business at Kesselring's for many years and never saw any sign of improperly handled paperwork. They would always double-check the forms.

It bothers me that the Seattle Times article is not the first that takes the "poor ATF" stance. In the shadow of Fast and Furious I saw a few liberal articles about how the poor ATF was underfunded and understaffed. I'm guessing that is a very definite public relations plan by the agency to get more liberals screaming "we need more ATF to control these crazy gun sellers and owners".

You are not helping their case. Everyone is hoping it is improperly handled paperwork because the other reasons for missing 2300 guns are not good.

My "many years" has been primarily the past ten years, so who knows how things were there. Before then I mostly just bought accessories from them. From the article it sounds like a lot of those missing guns were stolen internally.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top